We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

anniversary

Overland Park...
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Topic
anniversary

My husband and I wll be in St. Simons on our anniversary in October. What restaurant would you suggest. He loves steak. I like chicken and seafood. I'd like it to be romantic and possibly have a view

Gainesville, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Gainesville
Level Contributor
4,799 posts
1,222 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: anniversary

king and prince. won't have the best steak on the island as i am convinced that is at bennie red barn, but the view and seafood will more than make up for that. the best meal i've had on the island is at the georgia sea grill but it does not a view and they are not known for their steak. enjoy your visit!

Clearwater, Florida
Level Contributor
34 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: anniversary

I agree, the King and Prince is the only place with a view. The best seafood is probably Crabdaddy's or the Georgia Sea Grill and the best steak is Bennie's Red Barn. Probably Georgia Sea Grill is the most romantice. It just depends on whether the view or the food is most important.

st simons island
Level Contributor
70 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: anniversary

glad you are coming here for your anniversary. It is difficult to get a view here, there is one at K & P as others have posted. My bet for a great meal is to leave the island, drive the short 7 miles into Brunswick and eat at Cargo or Christys. Both have amazing filets and seafood is done very well. J Macs is a SSI restaurant that is doing well after a short downward turn. great, romantic places all of them!

St. Simons
Level Contributor
40 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: anniversary

There is no better restaurant on the island for an anniversary meal the the Ga. Sea Grill!!!!

Overland Park...
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: anniversary

Thank you all very much for the suggestions. I guess we'll try them all the week we are there. We'll decide on one before we go for our anniversary. I guess we will need reservations any where we choose. We are very excited since we have never been to Savannah or St. Simons island. Thank you.

6. Re: anniversary

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:18 am, October 04, 2009