We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking for hotel while driving to Florida

Ludington
Level Contributor
68 posts
85 reviews
Save Topic
Looking for hotel while driving to Florida

Hello, we will be driving to Florida and plan on stopping for the night in the Marietta area. Any suggestions on a particular area that is a good place to stay such as Kennesaw or Vinings. Looking for something cheap but clean and safe, some place to eat nearby and an easy off/on to the highway is a plus.

Thanks!!!

17 replies to this topic
Ludington
Level Contributor
68 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Looking for hotel while driving to Florida

Hi peachbelle,

My original plan was to stop in Macon but then it was suggested by someone to stop in the Marietta area. How much longer of a drive would you say Macon is?

Thanks everyone!

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
1,299 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Looking for hotel while driving to Florida

Driving to Macon will take about two hours more than stopping in Kennesaw, about an hour longer than stopping in McDonough.

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
32,803 posts
466 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Looking for hotel while driving to Florida

Yes rackensack is correct!! If you decide to stop north of Macon let me know and I will give you hotel and restaurant recs.

Ludington
Level Contributor
68 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Looking for hotel while driving to Florida

I like the idea of stopping in either McDonough or Macon...or somewhere in between :-)

If you have any hotel or restaurant recs that would be great, thanks everyone!

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
1,299 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Looking for hotel while driving to Florida

There aren't many places to stop between McDonough and Macon, aside from the aforementioned Locust Grove (which is barely past McDonough) and Forsyth, which is so close to Macon that you might as well go the rest of the way.

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
32,803 posts
466 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Looking for hotel while driving to Florida

Do not take I 475 but stay on I 75 to Macon. There is a nice Homewood suites with hot breakfast on Bass Rd. Right off Arkwright/Riverside Dr. there is a Residence Inn, La Quinta, Sleep Inn and Hampton Inn. We have stayed at both the Homewood suites and Hampton Inn many, many times while both our kids were in college at Mercer U in Macon. For restaurants there is a Bonefish Grille on Riverside Dr. in the new open air mall and also on Riverside Dr. there is a Longhorn's Steakhouse and a Cracker Barrel. On Arkwright/Riverside Dr. there is an Outback Steakhouse and an Italian Restaurant. There is also a McDonald's and Chick Fil-A on the road for fast food.

Hope this info helps!!

Ludington
Level Contributor
68 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Looking for hotel while driving to Florida

You're the best PeachBelle, thank you!

Reply to: Looking for hotel while driving to Florida
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted