We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need a place to stay near Lumkin

GA
2 posts
Save Topic
Need a place to stay near Lumkin

My family & I are going to Providence Canyon in Lumpkin GA and Florence Marina in Omaha GA this weekend. Does anyone know of a nearby hotel?

Mobile, Alabama
Level Contributor
128 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need a place to stay near Lumkin

I'm from south GA & can't think of any hotels particularly close to either Providence Canyon or Florence Marina. There is a Days Inn in Cuthbert GA which would probably be closest. There is a Days Inn in Dawson GA which is about 30 minutes drive from Providence Canyon. Other options would be staying in Columbus - many options for hotels but probably a 45-60+ min drive, staying in the lodge at George Bagby State Park if they have a room available, or in one of the cabins at Florence Marina. Providence Canyon is beautiful & a great hike but there's not much developed around it. Note also - we've had a lot of rain the past 2 days so if you're going this coming weekend, parts of the trail through the creekbed will be VERY muddy.

Mobile, Alabama
Level Contributor
128 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Need a place to stay near Lumkin

Correction to my above message - the hotel in Dawson is a Ramada Inn. There is also a Days Inn listed in Richland Ga which is not too far but I've never been there so can't tell you anything specific about driving distance. Hope you enjoy the parks.

GA
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Need a place to stay near Lumkin

Thanks so much for the suggestions! I will check them out:)

4. Re: Need a place to stay near Lumkin

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:17 am, September 12, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Lumpkin