We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

revisiting jekyll

Which Jekyll Island hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Seneca, SC
Level Contributor
63 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
revisiting jekyll

We have not been to Jekyll since 2000 and would like recent visitor and local input. As for a decent place to stay, it looks like Days Inn will be our best choice, since we like the southern beach better and want oceanfront. Has anything changed we need to know?

We are spoiled to Ocean Isle, NC, but are thinking of going back to Jekyll this year in August.

Any suggestions or comments?

arizona
Level Contributor
13 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: revisiting jekyll

I just returned from Jekyll on Saturday. We spent the first part of the trip at the Jekyll Island Club. We had a great room in the Cherokee Cottage. The resort is on the river side but it gives a great overview of how the island came to be what it is today. The island is only 1.5 miles wide so you are never far from the ocean. The resort also has a beach club that is on the best part of the beach. We spent the rest of the trip in a beachfront cottage that we rented from Parker-Kaufmann realty. Hope this helps.

San Clemente...
Level Contributor
17 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: revisiting jekyll

Could you give me some info on Ocean Isle I would love to visit there next summer with my family. Thanks in advance for all your help.

Watkinsville, GA
3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: revisiting jekyll

This may be too late for you but we just returned from our family vacation late July/early Aug. The island hasn't changed...yet. We are long time Jekyll visitors who usually stay at the Buccaneer but due to it's soon demolation we had to find a new 'home'. I called Days Inn, The Beachview Club, Oceanside and The Jekyll Inn. We ended up at the Jekyll Inn because they were the cheapest for a family of five. We knew we would have the rock wall to contend with but it's not eight foot tall as I've read on some of these reviews. Our room was great, I'd ask for it again. Blackbeards was delicious...the best flounder ever! There is a new place to eat in the strip mall - Zachary's Seafood. We ate lunch there, great service. Otherwise Jekyll is still what those of us continue to go back for.

Duncan, South...
Level Contributor
578 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: revisiting jekyll

It all depends what you're looking for when you go the the beach?

JI is a peaceful place to enjoy the beach (R&R) and a little history. Or play at the water park or maybe a little golf. Also try a trip to St. Simon's Island for a day.

Mike:)

5. Re: revisiting jekyll

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:18 am, September 09, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Jekyll Island