We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

working on Jekyll island

romania, europe
2 posts
Save Topic
working on Jekyll island

Hi there!

I am an international student and my intention is to go and work for the summer holiday in Jekyll Island. Does anyone know how this is? Are there good employment opportunities?

Thanks a lot!

Eatonton, Georgia
Level Contributor
179 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: working on Jekyll island

I know that the Jekyll Island Club Hotel has hired some international students in the past. I remember a young man from Eastern Europe waiting on us at the restaurant at the Crane Cottage, which is run by the Jekyll Island Club. Look them up on line. There may be other job opportunities with the Jekyll Island Authority, such as guides or working in the shops or conference center.

romania, europe
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: working on Jekyll island

Dear Brerrabbit,

thanks for your nice answer. I will check with the company you suggested. Maybe i will wait on you this summer there, too. :))

Do you know anything about Villas by the sea?

Level Contributor
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: working on Jekyll island

We recently stayed at Villas By The Sea and loved it.

We had a 3 bedroom Unit. They are privately owned, and leased through the Villas. You can find some units privately listed, but we opted to have the Villas pick up our garbage every day, freshen the towels and clean the unit. Each unit is similar, but decorated differently.

If you book online there is a considerable savings.

clarksville, georgia
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: working on Jekyll island

villas by the sea hires foriegn students under the work travel program. contact your ocal immigration office for a j-1 visa

5. Re: working on Jekyll island

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:19 am, August 16, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Jekyll Island