We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jekyll Oceanfront Resort

California
Level Contributor
2 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Jekyll Oceanfront Resort

I stayed at the Jekyll Oceanfront Resort a few weeks ago and highly recommend it! We were able to watch our favorite football game in the sports bar. We played tennis and golf. We biked all the way around the island. And ... to top it off I had a wonderful long walk on the beach everyday. I was so impressed with the area that I took a tour of the remodeled condo's that are for sale and we are seriously thinking about purchasing a unit.

Mentioned in this post
Jekyll Island
Jekyll Island
Golden Isles of Georgia, GA
Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
6 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Jekyll Oceanfront Resort

Jekyll Island hotels are undergoing renovations and upgrades currently and the island is in the process of expanding with 4-5 new hotel properties. Some of the existing properties have been neglected for many years, so please keep in mind that some of the photos that you are seeing are quite outdated or may be some of the rooms that have not been remodeled. As for the basics - The Jekyll Island Club is on the river side of the island and is a historic Victorian hotel in the historic district (higher end in terms of price - but quite elegant.) As far as beachfront hotels, Days Inn has a great beach location, fairly recent remodel, and serves free breakfast. The Beachview Club is a smaller boutique hotel, though a bit older, it has a great deal of charm - right on beach, nice courtyard, frequent location for weddings, etc. An ocean-front Hampton Inn is should be open for the Summer 2009 season. The key here is to ask for a remodeled room when making reservations - if you are booking on "cheaprooms.com" chances are you will end up in an older room at some of the lower end properties. Just keep that in mind.

Mentioned in this post
Jekyll Island
Jekyll Island
Golden Isles of Georgia, GA
Jekyll Island Club Resort
Jekyll Island Club Resort
1,353 Reviews
Jekyll Island, GA
The Beachview Club
The Beachview Club
277 Reviews
Jekyll Island, GA
2. Re: Jekyll Oceanfront Resort

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 am, October 17, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Jekyll Island