We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thanksgiving on Jekyll?

Clearwater, FL
Level Contributor
66 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Thanksgiving on Jekyll?

I'm looking for a little getaway for Thanksgiving and the following weeknd and Jekyll Island is on the list. What are the pros and cons? Might things be closed down - will we find somewhere to eat? Will there be enough to keep us occupied when it's too cold for the beach?

TIA!

Columbia, South...
Level Contributor
1,143 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Thanksgiving on Jekyll?

For me, Jekyll wouldn't be the place I would choose during that particular time. The beach and outdoor activities are the main attractions for me since there really isn't that much else there. When I've been, I've gone in spring or fall and have usually had my fill in 3 days, then I'm ready to come home. For a warm-weather nature destination, it's great, but if I needed more indoor activities, I would look into someplace like Destin.

I think most restaurants will be open, but keep in mind, there aren't all that many places to choose from. I'm pretty sure the mini-golf would be closed, and there are no theaters, outlet malls, etc. to keep you busy. You could always do the bike trails around the island since those are always open (not sure if bike rentals are available then, though... maybe someone else knows).

2. Re: Thanksgiving on Jekyll?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:16 pm, September 22, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Jekyll Island