We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cedar Creek Cabin Rentals

Which Helen hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Cordele, Georgia
1 post
Save Topic
Cedar Creek Cabin Rentals

We visit the North Georgia mountains around 3-4 times per year and normally book through VRBO or Homeaway. We decided to try a management company and came across Cedar Creek Cabin Rentals from the Helenga.org website. We booked The Holiday cabin due to the space, the wood burning fireplace, flat screen TV with dvd player and the pool table. The booking process was easy and we received an e-mail with the directions, key codes and contact information. When we arrived, we noticed that the DVD player was missing. We had no cell service and tried the number listed on our sheet from the cabin phone. The number would not work on the phone. We unloaded and headed to Helen to look around. Once service was available, we called and spoke with the property manager about the DVD player. He said he would have someone bring a DVD player for us which was great. We came in that evening and they were there installing the player for us. The next morning it was pouring rain so we decided to stay in for the day. We brought firewood, but no matches. Most cabins with wood burning fireplaces supply matches, but this one does not. We were unable to have a fire because the nearest store is about a 10 minute drive and with the excessive rainfall just was not worth it. We went downstairs to play pool. There was no chalk and one of the pool cues did not even have a tip. The table was leveled with a potato chip bag under one leg and a block of wood under another. There is a large "hump" in the floor and the exit door only opens a few inches. We tried the number again to notify the property manager and it would not work. My husband works in public safety and was concerned about the safety in the event of a fire. It is the only exit in the basement and only a small child could squeeze through. There were dirty dishes in the cabinets and dirty utensils in the drawers that we had to clean in order to use. There were no potholders and only one dish towel. There is also a weak spot in the floor in front of the dishwasher that needs attention. We were very disappointed with the condition of the cabin as well as how poorly it was equipped due to the amount paid for the cabin and cleaning fees. We contact Cedar Creek Cabin rentals and voiced our concerns. We were told that Bob, the property manager, would contact us promptly which was 2 days ago. We have yet to hear from anyone.

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta
Level Contributor
11,224 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cedar Creek Cabin Rentals

Must have been a pretty lousy Christmas to spend this much time writing a rant about complaints this minor.

Actually, I lost interest about halfway though (what's wrong with using paragraphs?), so maybe I missed the part where the ceiling caved in or the house was overrun with snakes.

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta
Level Contributor
11,224 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cedar Creek Cabin Rentals

Actually, I'm going to go one step further.

For the past few years, this property has been the subject of several posts by people who are new to Tripadvisor and go into long, rambling rants about petty issues (two mentioned the lack of matches). This forum is not even the appropriate location for reviews, so the fact that all of these people decide to post on this forum makes this even more incredible.

Similarly, there are some glowing posts that look rather suspicious to me.

Either way, I hope that anyone who happens across this post, and the related, is savvy enough to inquire further.

Ellijay, GA
Level Contributor
447 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cedar Creek Cabin Rentals

JAtlanta, you are so right. Anytime I see a reviewer post 1 review and it's lousy, I tend to think it's either:

1) Bogus

2) uniformed poster

3) Cyber extortion.

I would LOVE to see TA require real names instead of this anonomous stuff!

Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta, Savannah
Level Contributor
10,841 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cedar Creek Cabin Rentals

What a petty post.

Can you imagine what kind of Christmas the poor property manager had? :-(

Ellijay, GA
Level Contributor
447 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cedar Creek Cabin Rentals

Pfft! Onemoreroad.... now that's funny. They should get battle pay on holidays!

6. Re: Cedar Creek Cabin Rentals

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, December 29, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Helen