We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

A-1 Vacation Rentals BEWARE!

Morrow, Georgia
1 post
Save Topic
A-1 Vacation Rentals BEWARE!

The worst vacation ever was courtesy of A-1 Vacation Rentals. First let me start by saying they really need to take a customer service class. I am not one to complain usually so for me to go out of my way to leave a negative comment says alot. I just returned from one of their cabins. At first everything seemed okay until we went to the bathroom. Toilet was stained with urine from a previous guest, gross. When we climbed into bed we noticed a huge stain on our comforter...I can only imagine what it was. They do not change the comforters after each guest. My child got sick that night and I needed extra towels. I called the office and they said in a very rude tone that I needed to bring back the ones I had. So I had to pack the youngin's up and go all the way to town with dirty towels just to get more. When I finally did get to relax, the hot tub was disgusting. The people that work here were so rude and could really care less about my stay. My friend stayed there in August and her child got sick also and she had similar problems. I think it is something to do with the cabins and there lack of cleanliness. I urge you to go somewhere else. Try Tanglewood. These people could care less about your stay. they just want your money! Please book somewhere else!!

Atlanta Ga
Level Contributor
104 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: A-1 Vacation Rentals BEWARE!

My husband and I have vacationed in Helen for over 15 years, and we have used A-1 Vacation Rentals many, many times over the years. I am sorry that you had such a hard time, but we have always had a great experience with them. We have rented small one bedrooms when my husband and I wanted to be alone, and we have rented very large houses when there was a group of us. The cabins are always extremely clean, bathrooms spotless and the bedding is in perfect shape. I really think this must have been a fluke, and unfortunately you had to bear the consequences.

Florida
Level Contributor
12 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: A-1 Vacation Rentals BEWARE!

Also try Cedar Creek Cabin Rentals. Cabins are much nicer and cleaner.

Aiken, SC
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: A-1 Vacation Rentals BEWARE!

I really enjoyed my stay with A-1. I have stayed in many cabins in the Smokey Mountains in GA, TN, and NC. All of them face the same challenges since they are individually owned cabins managed by one company. I'm sorry to hear this happened to you, I didn't share the same experience...my stay was comfortable, clean, and romantic. We had a cute creekside log cabin with a hot tub. Best of luck to you in the future!

Montgomery, Alabama
Level Contributor
17 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: A-1 Vacation Rentals BEWARE!

Always look for a rental by owner, you will get more and pay a lot less! I routinely "check on" agency rentals for friends/neighbors who are with agencies and the cleaning is always below standards. Worst of all are the hot tubs which are rarely cleaned following rentals, despite county health codes which require cleaning and sanitizing following all rentals.

Also, always read the reviews of previous guests. The agencies, with their own websites, control the reviews and only post the good ones. The "by owner" websites post them all and the owners have no control over them so you can trust what you read. FlipKey will tell you if it is a "verified owner" you are dealing with. The others, such as VRBO, HomeAway, VacationRentals, etc, only require the owner to register the property and it may in fact still be agency managed, so check that out to be sure you are dealing directly with the owner.

atlanta, ga
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: A-1 Vacation Rentals BEWARE!

my daughter and i spent last week at the river haus. it was PERFECT! the location was incredible. the cabin was spotless. the house is actually situated on the tubing route, AND within walking distance of downtown. we had so much fun. the young lady at the A-1 office could not have been nicer. we found everything we needed at the River Haus and will definitely stay there again. thx, A-1 Rentals!

susan kierbow

6. Re: A-1 Vacation Rentals BEWARE!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:18 pm, October 30, 2012
Get answers to your questions about Helen