We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Graduation June 8. Turning Blue June 7

Burbank, Ca.
1 post
Save Topic
Graduation June 8. Turning Blue June 7

I havn't heard from my son regarding graduation. Where do I go? What time do the programs usually start ? How do I find out if my son can come home with us? Army Mom In Burbank

Fruitport Michigan
Level Contributor
51 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Graduation June 8. Turning Blue June 7

Welcome Army Mom,

I posted this earlier and just copied it to you. I have a little info as my son graduated May 12, 2-19 Charlie Company!!! HOOAH!!! The Turning Blue Ceremony for us started at 11:00 a.m. with a one hour briefing by the First Sergeant and a slide presentation compiled by the soldiers. We then walked about two blocks to the building for their ceremony. This building has a roof so bring a flash. You will have wonderful opportunities to take pictures. The soldiers come in and do their thing. When you first see them please do not run up (not running up was the hardest thing I had done yet). The Commander will give a short speech and then you are allowed to pin on their blue cords. You will feel so proud!!!!! We then got to take our soldier off base for eight hours. The married couples had a short briefing together after the Turning Blue and then they were allowed to leave the base. Josh had to be back at 7 and the married soldiers got until 8. Graduation was the next day graduation at 9:00 a.m. and that lasted about an hour. As a Mother I dressed comfortably. Bring lots of kleenex and film, and wear waterproof mascara. Your solider will let you know what they want to do during their eight hour pass. Good Luck and Have Fun - it really is an awesome experience. Bringing your son home will depend on what your son is going to do. My son is a grunt and we were able to bring him home for sixteen days. Airborne started right after graduation and they did not get a pass until last weekend. Please check out www.soldierschapel.info. You will find invaluable info there!!!!!

Good Luck and God Bless

Diane

2. Re: Graduation June 8. Turning Blue June 7

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:19 am, September 02, 2009