We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rentals

Alaska
Level Contributor
25 posts
75 reviews
Save Topic
Rentals

Greetings:

We will be in San Andres for 1 month starting the first week in December. We are looking for a clean, quiet and affordable place to stay. It can either be a small apt., or a hosteria. We have traveled all over S.A., and this will be a high light of out trip. Any help will be appreciated.

Thank You

BP

london,ontario,canad...
Level Contributor
38 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rentals

were looking at staying at either the hostel mar y sol, or sunset hotel, check them out , I put a post up aswell, if you haven't been to san andres your gonna love it there, check out west view and rocky cay .

Alaska
Level Contributor
25 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rentals

Thank you much. Will check them out.

Bill

San Andres Colombia
Level Contributor
236 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Rentals

Mar y sol would be a better choice then Sunset. Sunset is a very large concrete monstrosity. It was taken from a large drug trafficker and is owned by the Govt. Mar y sol is smaller and much nicer. Check them out for yourself. Remember there are no 4 star Hotels here 3 star at best. There are many smaller hotels that u can check out when u get here.

Edited: 8:53 am, November 08, 2012
Alaska
Level Contributor
25 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Rentals

Thanks for the reply. We are on a limited budget, and dont care about star ratings. We winter in Puerto Lopez EC, and have a very nice beachfront room, with a very large shared kitchen downstairs, 1 minute from the beach. 5 minute walk to town. I pay up front for the 4 months or 6 depending on visa issues. 120.00 dollars per month. Super clean, friendly people and just a great town.

Bogota, Colombia
Destination Expert
for Colombia
Level Contributor
4,093 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Rentals

Bill for $120/week you would be lucky to find a good hostel close to the beach in San Andres Centro. There are a few hostels in San Luis for $30 - $40 that may fit your bill. San Luis is a much nicer stay, a far cry from the hoopla of el centro (downtown).One hostel in particular is across from the best strech of beach on the Island (Sol Campo - Rocky Caye)

The other is a turn of the century B/B on the Loma overlooking San Luis.Down hill walk you'll be at the beach in 10min.

Longueuil,Québec
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Rentals

how you find san andres ,i thinking going there !!!!

Bogota, Colombia
Destination Expert
for Colombia
Level Contributor
4,093 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Rentals

I found San Andres on a Google map :)

I guess you mean "did you like San Andres" actually I prefered Providencia Isl, it is much more relaxing; less toristy,better beaches and good diving. If you want a quick getaway from the cold, San Andres is OK if you stay out of downtown perhaps Decameron in Rocky Cay would be a better option.

8. Re: Rentals

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, February 26, 2014
Get answers to your questions about San Andres