We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting to Ellijay from Atlanta?

St. Louis area
Level Contributor
2 posts
92 reviews
Save Topic
Getting to Ellijay from Atlanta?

My fiancee is flying into Atlanta and needs to get to Ellijay to visit his father. No one is available to pick him up from the airport. Is there a bus, or train, or some other transportation?

Decatur, GA
Destination Expert
for Atlanta
Level Contributor
6,174 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Getting to Ellijay from Atlanta?

Not aware of any public transportation. He needs to rent a car.

Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta, Savannah
Level Contributor
14,053 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Getting to Ellijay from Atlanta?

Here's a list of official shuttle providers from the airport website -

atlanta-airport.com/groundtransportation/shu…

Googling for local providers in Ellijay may help, but my guess is that will be basically hiring a taxi back and forth for the trip. That will be pricey. A car rental will be less expensive.

Fernandina Beach FL
Destination Expert
for Amelia Island, Fernandina Beach
Level Contributor
1,693 posts
209 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Getting to Ellijay from Atlanta?

At a trip distance one-way of about 100 miles, a rental car is your best option. It is an easy route straight up I-75 / 575 / 515.

Good luck.

Kansas City...
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: Getting to Ellijay from Atlanta?

I am having the same problem this weekend. What did your fiancee figure out? Enterprise is the only option but it is in blue ridge.

Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta, Savannah
Level Contributor
14,053 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Getting to Ellijay from Atlanta?

http://itsyourtriptaxi.com/about.html

www.classictransportationofthetristate.com/

Edited: 10:42 am, August 30, 2013
St. Louis area
Level Contributor
2 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Getting to Ellijay from Atlanta?

There was an option of taking a greyhound bus partway for $30 then a taxi the rest of the way for about $100. But he wound up getting a ride from a relative. I think Enterprise is probably a good plan, if you can return the car to the same location. My fiancee couldn't do that, for various reasons, but if you can it's a good bet.

7. Re: Getting to Ellijay from Atlanta?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 pm, December 09, 2014