We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

apple festival

lakeland florida
Level Contributor
61 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
apple festival

I am considering the Apple Festival in Oct. which

weekend would be better? the 1st or 2nd. and also

are there any inexpensive hotels nearby?

Thanks

Marietta, Georgia
Level Contributor
166 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: apple festival

Check out the local Chamber of Commerce website:

http://www.gilmerchamber.com/

I think the best way to spend a weekend in Ellijay is to rent a cabin and there are lots of links on the chamber site (as well as motels). As far as which weekend, I don't think it really matters- just pick one.

Mentioned in this post
Ellijay
Ellijay
Gilmer County, GA
Ellijay, GA
Level Contributor
480 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: apple festival

I would agree, both weekends are about the same. And if you are thinking about coming to see the fall color the Apple Festival time frame is a bit early for that.

We have a comfort Inn and Stratford Motor Inn for inexpensive. But by the time you go out to eat it probably is about the same to rent a cabin. However, almost all the cabins are on gravel roads so being from Florida that may not be your cup of tea.

Mentioned in this post
Stratford Motor Inn
Stratford Motor Inn
55 Reviews
East Ellijay, GA
Florida
Florida
United States
Gainesville, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Gainesville
Level Contributor
4,808 posts
1,276 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: apple festival

special time of year, and we have enjoyed 8 apple festivals so far. best bet is to rent a cabin, as we have and make reservations early as the good ones seem to dry up quickly. the weather is perfect, the golf even perfecter, and the food glorious. come on up and enjoy! let ellijay celebrate you.

northwest Georgia
Level Contributor
844 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: apple festival

Just a thought...you may also be interested in

attending the Prater's Mill Country Fair in Oct.

near Dalton, GA. -- www.pratersmill.org.

It is an old-time fair full of all kinds of handmade

crafts, Southern foods, displays and demonstrations

of all kinds of crafts. There is country music,

clogging, etc. You can take a free tour of the old

grist mill.

I have attended many craft fairs in the South,and

this is one of the best!

Mentioned in this post
Prater's Mill
Prater's Mill
68 Reviews
Dalton, GA
Dalton
Dalton
Georgia
Ellijay, Georgia
Level Contributor
42 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: apple festival

Both weekends are wonderful. Some vendors come for only one of the two weekends, so they're not all the same each weekend.

Ellijay is expecting a bumper crop of apples this year after having none last year.

I would book early for hotel rooms as this is peak season. I also recommend renting a cabin.

Mentioned in this post
Ellijay
Ellijay
Gilmer County, GA
Ellijay, GA
Level Contributor
480 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: apple festival

annonline,

Funny you should say that about the apples. We have a rental cabin with a couple of trees and we are BEGGING the guests to take some home with them there are so many.

Gainesville, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Gainesville
Level Contributor
4,808 posts
1,276 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: apple festival

i drove through yesterday and the trees are sagging they are so heavy with fruit. it's a bumper crop all right.

8. Re: apple festival

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:20 pm, September 28, 2009