We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is anyone familiar with the Ponderosa vacation rental?

Grand Rapids, MI
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Topic
Is anyone familiar with the Ponderosa vacation rental?

My family (4 sisters and asorted husbands and children) are looking for a vacation rental large enough for 13-22 people. We've come across this one and I wonder if anyone knows anything about it?

It is roomy? clean? etc...

thanks!

Covington, Georgia
Level Contributor
424 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is anyone familiar with the Ponderosa vacation rental?

neder3,

I don't know anything about this cabin but I can give you a couple of others you might consider.(Kaylormtncabins.com)

They have 2,five bedroom cabins to offer.One is called The Lake House and the other is called Mountain dreams.

Ellijay, GA
Level Contributor
465 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is anyone familiar with the Ponderosa vacation rental?

I have not heard of them either so I looked them up. Mountaintown creek is a very large creek, in some spots as big as the Coosawatee and the Ellijay River. It's a beautiful creek convenient to the town of Ellijay.

www.kzgroupinc.com 706-698-4445 has a number of large cabins also. and Slidingrockcabins.com has a number of cabins in a row if you all don't want to sleep in the same cabin.

Conyers, Georgia
Level Contributor
2 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is anyone familiar with the Ponderosa vacation rental?

Yes, my family stayed there last year and are going again this year. We had 20 people and still had a couple of empty beds. Even though there were more than enough beds, some families had to be in the same room. This was fine for us but might not work out for every family. In my opionion the kitchen and living room were a little small for the amount of people we had. In other words, it was a little crampt to fit all of us in one room at a time but plenty of room to spread out in different rooms. There was plenty to do-with a pool table, hot tub, fishing in the stream, sitting on porch and enjoying the view of the stream. Yes, it was clean. It was certainly nice enough for us to want to come back and that says a lot!

Conyers, Georgia
Level Contributor
2 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Is anyone familiar with the Ponderosa vacation rental?

Some suggestions for large cabins in Georgia:

Tut's Mountain - the lodge. It will sleep 20 and is very spacious. It is expensive but the cabin and views are beautiful. There is plenty of room to be together or have privacy.

Whitepath Lodge - There are 8 rooms that are more like small apartments with their own kitchen 2 bedrooms 3 baths and sleeps 6 in each. (That makes sleeping for 42 rent as many or as little rooms as you want.)Then there is a spacious meeting room and additonal kitchen downstairs that can be rented for an additonal fee.

I know there is a couple of large cabins near Callaway Gardens in Pine Mountain, GA as well.

5. Re: Is anyone familiar with the Ponderosa vacation rental?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:16 pm, September 15, 2009