We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cremo Drive inn

Gainesville, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Gainesville
Level Contributor
4,813 posts
1,350 reviews
Save Topic
Cremo Drive inn

Home of the best chili dog in Whitfield county. For over 50 years the Cremo has been dishing up excellent burgers, chili dogs and milk shakes. A sparkling new building makes inside dining a delightful experience. The clean modern lines of the new building hide the charm and character of the old fascade with it's window service. Curb service is a thing of the past but expanded parking encourages family gatherings at The Cremo in the same location as the orginal over 50 years ago. As the menu at the Cremo, 706-278-6316 for take out, has grown, plates of delicious fried chicken, savory roast pork, smoked tender pulled pork bbq and fresh fish have been added. My favorite, the Chuckwagon dinner is still available too. Conveniently located at 125 East Morris St. the Cremo has been serving delicious meals to generations of Daltonians. Always greeted with a friendly smile and courteous service, it's a treat to dine at the Cremo!

Dalton,
Level Contributor
96 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cremo Drive inn

a classic slice of americanna road food at this mom nad pop burger joint more known for it's chili dogs. great place to enjoy shakes and onion rings too.

NW Ga
Level Contributor
347 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Cremo Drive inn

I don't know I'd call it a Mom and pop place. That sort of implies the owners work in the place. It does have some good food and you might find the owner there for breakfast some mornings. He's basically retired now and has cut back on his "Cremo" type hot dog joints....down from 25+ to maybe 5 now I've heard. A nicer man you'll never meet.

Gainesville, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Gainesville
Level Contributor
4,813 posts
1,350 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cremo Drive inn

were those the establishments called "chili dog diners" that used to dot the northwest georgia countryside? there is still one in ellijay i stopped in recently that was as good as ever.

NW Ga
Level Contributor
347 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Cremo Drive inn

The owner never named them that...but many of the locals knew them that way. As a kid I'd get a chilidog and my grandfather would get a slaw dog.

Speaking of ellijay.....and your login.....just saw a special on gift certificates for various restaurants..including Pooles BBW in ellijay. 25.00 certificates are normally 10.00...with a special coupon it's an extra 60% off. So 25.00 certificate for 4.00. BBQ at a discount. Does it get better than that?

www.restaurant.com

search on ellijay<or whereever...coupon is 60% off all their gift certificates>

code 87539 gets you the 60% off.

<sitting here watching the BBQ special on the Travel channel>

Gainesville, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Gainesville
Level Contributor
4,813 posts
1,350 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cremo Drive inn

were you a fan of the chow time drive inn in dalton or perhaps the chat n chew downtown? for my money one of the best slaw dogs on the face of the earth was manufactured at the lunch counter of owens pharmacy downtown dalton. all gone but not forgotten i am sure. thank you ellis owen with the personalized lisence plate lsown.

NW Ga
Level Contributor
347 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Cremo Drive inn

I don't remember any of those....sad to say. I'm trying to remember some of the places I recall that have since passed.....

Capt Billy's seafood in Dalton was one.

The Village in Chatsworth is still around.

Miller Bros ribs in Dalton is still there and turning out good stuff.

Choo Choo BBQ now has 2 locations in Dalton and serves soem good pork bbq sandwiches....no slaw please.

Gainesville, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Gainesville
Level Contributor
4,813 posts
1,350 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Cremo Drive inn

the shrimp boat used to be across the street from the green spot on emery st. and made wonderful shrimp baskets.

Dalton, Ga.
1 post
Save Reply
8. Re: Cremo Drive inn

I have lived in the Dalton area all my 49 years. The Cremo Drive-Inn, is not the same it once was. The original owner recently passed away, He was a family friend. The Cremo-drive-inn is not as clean as it could be. The people that work there are rude and wish you did not come in most of the day.The ice cream is still good. Cheap. The hot dogs are still good.The hamburgers are not as good as before. But, the location is Great.The add shows friendly smile and courteous service - that is wrong.And the part about the treat to dine- no get a drive thru, and hopefully they wont throw your change at you like they do us.Bye-the-way, we boycotted the place last year and did'nt miss a thing. My biker friends say they hate all bikers to come. So they don't.

Gainesville, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Gainesville
Level Contributor
4,813 posts
1,350 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Cremo Drive inn

gotta love those chili dogs.......if no other guantees. plus how does one go about messing up ice cream? opps, sorry forget i asked before i jinx the joint.

NW Ga
Level Contributor
347 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Cremo Drive inn

I didn't know anyone other than J.P. was the original owner. I saw my mother and grandmother today asking if he recently died. Both looked shocked and wondered where I'd got that idea. Both had seen him in the last 2 weeks or so.