We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather & Drought conditions

Which Cumming hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Ohio
11 posts
Save Topic
Weather & Drought conditions

Hello,

I have heard over the last 2 year's about the

drought condition's in Cumming GA.

Can anyone tell me the true story on this/

How bad is it, really/

Thanks for your time.

Ellijay
Level Contributor
70 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather & Drought conditions

I don't know what you have in mind, but there is no desert. The area lakes still can use a little recharging and the waterfalls and streams in the mountains are not up to snuff. There is no shortage of water although lawn watering may still be limited.(not sure about that) The outdoor fire ban has been lifted in most if not all areas and it has rained aprox. 7 inches in the last 3 weeks. Much needed and much thanked. Everything looks good but the water tables are still somewhat low. We still need above average rainfall this winter to get us out of the drought. The area included in the drought is much smaller than this time last year. It currently covers most of North Ga. Some of western South Carolina and some of Southwestern North Carolina. I live in Ellijay, Aprox 60 miles NW of Cumming and some of the springs are still not running and some of the waterfalls look kind of pitifull, but it sure is still beautiful here in the mountains.

Gainesville, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Gainesville
Level Contributor
4,791 posts
1,151 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather & Drought conditions

lake lanier is up two feet here in the past two weeks but it was about at it's lowest level ever prior to the recent filling rains. no one's thirsty, but they aren't watering the lawn either.

Ohio
11 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather & Drought conditions

Thank you so much for answering my

question on drought condtion's in

Cumming Ga. It was so kind of you

do do this so quickly.

Sincerely,

Luckystars88

Ohio
11 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Weather & Drought conditions

Thank you for answering my question

about drought condition's in Cumming

Ga. It was really kind of you to

respond so quickly.

Sincerely,

Luckystars88

5. Re: Weather & Drought conditions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:20 pm, September 21, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Cumming