We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vampire Diaries "Mystic Falls" tour.

NZ
Level Contributor
666 posts
89 reviews
Save Topic
Vampire Diaries "Mystic Falls" tour.

I see on line there are two different company's offering a tour of the various filming locations for the Vampire Diaries. Does anyone know anything about either of these tours or have personal experience of them?

Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta, Savannah
Level Contributor
13,262 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Vampire Diaries "Mystic Falls" tour.

I've not taken a tour but I watched one while I had lunch last week. After I read your question I checked them out online and based on what I saw I'd take the Mystic Falls Tour. It sounds like they have gotten to know members of the cast and really know their stuff. The recommendations on their website are real raves - and people have traveled from other countries to take the tour. Prior to VD, the town was used to film other TV shows and movies. I have a friend who started as an extra and became a cast member when In the Heat of the Night was filmed in Covington - and his stories about the cast are very entertaining. Many years ago I watch the first episodes of The Dukes of Hazzard filmed here (before the pilot aired). A friend owned the B&B in town and was amazed that a man flew from Milan Italy to spend a week in this little town - just to see the location of the show. I chuckled...until I realized I visted Roslyn WA because Northern Exposure was filmed there. :-)

If you want recommendations for restaurants around here, let me know.

NZ
Level Contributor
666 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Vampire Diaries "Mystic Falls" tour.

As a bonus, my husband is a Dukes of Hazard fan :)

Thanks for checking that out. It's good to hear that everything is above board and genuine. I know you can just get a map and drive around the various locations but it's always more interesting to have someone with local knowledge put their spin on things.

3. Re: Vampire Diaries "Mystic Falls" tour.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 8:42 am, October 29, 2013
cheddar1509
Level Contributor
6 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Vampire Diaries "Mystic Falls" tour.

I took the Vampire Stalkers tour, not worth the money the lady was late and in a dirty van. good luck

Edited: 5:08 pm, April 10, 2012
cheddar1509
Level Contributor
6 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Vampire Diaries "Mystic Falls" tour.

The Vampire Stalker lady did not know anything about the other shows filmed there.

6. Re: Vampire Diaries "Mystic Falls" tour.

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:10 pm, August 06, 2013
cheddar1509
Level Contributor
6 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Vampire Diaries "Mystic Falls" tour.

No I am not from another touring companing and one post accidentally posted twice, my tour started two hours late. I had driven for a few hours to get to Covington Ga, so I had to wait a few hours. It bothered me that there was no attempt to adjust payment for her tardiness. I ask you how professional is that? I took the tour because of the great reviews on her site. But I was disappointed just saying. The van did have old fast food containers in it. I asked her about the Dukes of Hazzard she did not know anything. That was my experience. So let me ask you when you have had less than great service or felt as if you were maybe taken advantage of, first time or not posting wouldn't you post something?

Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta, Savannah
Level Contributor
13,262 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Vampire Diaries "Mystic Falls" tour.

There's nothing wrong with complaining. But experience shows that first time posters who register JUST to complain often have ulterior motives. A first time poster who posts three times seems even more suspect. You say she was late. That's not good. You say the van was dirty. That's not good. You say she didn't know anything about the Dukes of Hazzards. She didn't claim to. This is not a Dukes of Hazzard tour - or In the Heat of the Night tour. It's a Vampire Diaries tour. Complaining about her not knowing anything about the Dukes of Hazzards falls in the category of first time poster who posts three times. In an earlier post you say she was over an hour late and today you say the tour started two hours late. In any case, I think it's clear that you did not like the tour - although you didn't have anything negative to share about the tour itself and her knowledge of the Vampire Diaries. I'm assuming that part was satisfactory at least.

9. Re: Vampire Diaries "Mystic Falls" tour.

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 11:35 am, June 02, 2012
10. Re: Vampire Diaries "Mystic Falls" tour.

Removed on: 9:13 am, June 08, 2012
Get answers to your questions about Covington
More Covington Topics