We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Claxton: Fruit Cake Capital of the World.

Madison
Level Contributor
135 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Claxton: Fruit Cake Capital of the World.

I was lucky enough to visit the Claxton Fruit Cake Factory. Today, a family run business, originally founded by an Italian. Claxton Fruitcake is not only what an edible Xmas is all about, forget the Turkey, but it is also a link to the military and all the good deeds that the Fruitcake Company carry out for them.

Check out the website that gives more in depth knowledge: http://www.claxtonfruitcake.com/

I just wished they had at the factory location perhaps a room giving the history of the company from its early days onwards, to its ongoing involvement with the military.

I am not affiliated or paid for this endorsement. I just love fruitcake and the support that the company has for the military.

Christmas is just not the same without Claxton fruitcake.

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
28,462 posts
419 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Claxton: Fruit Cake Capital of the World.

Thanks for the report but I prefer to make my own fruitcake at Christmas!!!

Savannah, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Gatlinburg, Maggie Valley, Pigeon Forge
Level Contributor
3,681 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Claxton: Fruit Cake Capital of the World.

I missed this when you posted it back in July. I grew up here in Claxton, and the Parker family which owns the Claxton Fruitcake Company are very nice people.

You are correct, the business was originally founded by Mr. Tos many, many years ago.

I'm glad you enjoyed your trip through Claxton and Evans County. Please come again!

Edited: 2:15 pm, January 08, 2010
3. Re: Claxton: Fruit Cake Capital of the World.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, July 08, 2010
Get answers to your questions about Claxton