We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sliding Rock Cabins

Georgia
Level Contributor
132 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Sliding Rock Cabins

Looking for feedback regarding Sliding Rock Cabins which is located between BlueRidge and Ellijay.

Thnaks!

Atlantic Beach, FL
Level Contributor
3 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
61. Re: Sliding Rock Cabins

My wife and two dogs just returned from a week at Cascading Waters. We picked that cabin out of the three we saw at their website. We picked Cascading Waters because it looked to have the best location ( on the water) of the three - and it does. The fire pit has a nice view of the water tumbling over rocks, and just up the river are two more chairs and a hammock overlooking more cascades. The dogs and I really enjoyed hiking down the many, steep stairs to get to the stream. The wife wasn't as excited about the steepness of the stairs. She also wasn't too impressed with the state of the hammock. My suggestion is have the cleaning crew spray it down a little more often (If they do it at all). There was plenty of wood by the fire pit - but they were whole logs. We were lucky enough to have brought our own firewood that was already split. The bottom half of the stairs had lighting, but we could find no way to turn them off. I found the unnatural lighting to detract from the night time experience. The lighting at the top of the stairs worked at first, then never came on again. We also found out the dryer wasn't working, and we called the office leaving a message. A woman called us back within a few minutes, and told us the handyman would be out to check. We left to explore N Ga for the day, and when we returned that evening someone had been by but didn't leave any note and the dryer still wasn't working. Other issues we encountered: no measuring cup or colander, TV's are small, one being an 80's era 13". The internet worked great and the decoration was tasteful. Beds were comfy while the bedrooms were tight because of their small size. The back porch overlooked the river and was nice. There is a gas grill and the cleaning person showed up with an extra propane tank because they knew the one that was there was low. Very proactive. We asked her about the gas fireplace inside (it wouldn't turn on for us) and the reply was we could call the office - which we didn't.

I would describe this cabin as semi-secluded. We could see the cabin to the NW and we would see approximately four vehicles drive by in the morning/evening. We never did see anyone while we were down by the stream, but we could easily see the next firepit. We didn't need to go anywhere to get the key, it was in a lockbox by the front door. Overall we had a nice stay marginally affected by a few small details.

Douglasville...
1 post
Save Reply
62. Re: Sliding Rock Cabins

My husband and I have stayed in four Sliding Rock cabins four months in a row. Each cabin not only met my high cleanliness standards but they also completely satisfied my desire to be surrounded by beautiful furnishings! I am actually sitting on the couch at Green Mountain typing this (I know that seems dumb while in this beautiful area but its raining right now). I'm not positive but this may be our favorite one yet. We have had excellent experiences with each of our stays. We hope to continue staying with Sliding Rock Cabin Rentals for many more months. Then we hope to find a cabin to purchase in River Bend and have them manage it for us! Any leads on cabins for sale would be appreciated!

Bainbridge, Georgia
Level Contributor
4 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
63. Re: Sliding Rock Cabins

We just returned from River Solace, one of the Sliding Rock cabins and our stay was fantastic! The cabin was in great shape and their service was excellent. Very easy to make reservations and the website description was perfect. Although, actually being there was even better! The arrival presentation was very impressive and the cabin did not diapoint. We will be back for sure.

Cape Coral, Florida
2 posts
Save Reply
64. Re: Sliding Rock Cabins

the extra charge is for the extra cleaning and washing of extra towels and sheets. At vacation rentals they need to have it cleaned and linens washed before next guest and the extra load means extra time.

Level Contributor
1 post
14 reviews
Save Reply
65. Re: Sliding Rock Cabins

This is perhaps my 5th stay over the course of 8 years...having stayed at River Run at least 3 times, Forever Friday once, and just this past few days at Riverhouse Retreat. As a dog owner, I would not stay in the immediate area in any other cabins other than Sliding Rock. Have never had to contact management for anything (everything always worked perfectly fine, kept my OCD in check (everything was clean) and enjoyed the peace and serenity of the area. I am tickled to death to have found them, tell all my friends to go there, and will not hesitate to rebook as soon as I need another getaway. Quiet, secluded, safe, and best of all...the most dog friendly place ever. Thank you, Sliding Rock, for sharing your cabins.

Blue Ridge, Georgia
Level Contributor
16 posts
1 review
Save Reply
66. Re: Sliding Rock Cabins

Cat-6 and TooBoyz, the reason for what I can understand you seeing as "secrecy" is to protect the privacy of guests such as yourselves. Unfortunately there as people who would drive out to the property and look at it disturbing the guests privacy who happen to be staying in the cabin at that time. There is also the security issue of having the exact location of a cabin rental public, just as you would not want to publicly put your own address online and then state you are going on vacation. I wish the companies would put a statement like that, as many people do interpret it just like you did. They (cabin companies) do try to put as many of the amenities, pictures etc... to help you make a good decision but I understand it from your point of view. The main thing is to ask specific question in writing, what is the access, is it a paved road, are the bedrooms all on one level, does it have etc. etc. etc. you can get as detailed as you want with your questions if they are not answered in the description. If the company doesn't answer them to your satisfaction or they are vague etc... then that is your sign to possibly move to the next company. There are many, reputable companies in the Blue Ridge, Ga area to choose from.

Savannah, Georgia
Level Contributor
2 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
67. Re: Sliding Rock Cabins

We have stayed at one of the Sliding Rock cabins named "Twin View" and it was outstanding. Great cabin, great location near Blue Ridge and easy access on blacktop roads to the driveway. Try the " Blacksheep" restaurant if you go.

"Twin View" has a mountain and lake view.

Fort Pierce, Florida
3 posts
Save Reply
68. Re: Sliding Rock Cabins

They are very easy to rent from. Just stayed there for a week. The doges loved it, had a great time . Ever thing was just as they said it would be. Looking forward to going back with my whole family. Have a great time.

Fort Pierce, Florida
3 posts
Save Reply
69. Re: Sliding Rock Cabins

They are very easy to rent from. Just stayed there for a week. The doges loved it, had a great time . Ever thing was just as they said it would be. Looking forward to going back with my whole family. Have a great time.

Fort Pierce, Florida
3 posts
Save Reply
70. Re: Sliding Rock Cabins

we rented last year . Cabins are just what they say they are .Very clean, have everything you could want. Was great to bring the doges , and the fenced yards were great. Had no trouble with Sliding rock. You can call and talk to them about anything. My family is going back in July. Yes they do not let you know were the cabin is, but would you like some one to be bothering you , when you were renting. They can tell you what is around you and what you can do around. Please have a great time .