We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kaylor Mountain Cabin Rentals? or other?Need advice please.

Which Blue Ridge hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Daphne, Alabama
Level Contributor
59 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Kaylor Mountain Cabin Rentals? or other?Need advice please.

My husband and 11 year old daughter are planning a trip to Blue Ridge Ga for the first of June and I need some advice on renting a nice upscale house with a great view. I see some great looking houses on the Kaylor Mountain Cabin Rentals website and was wondering if anyone has any experience with them and could maybe recommend a specific house. (with them or another company). What I am specifically looking for is a house with upscale furnishings and amenities and a great view. We need 3 full bathrooms so it would probably have to be at least a 3 bedroom. Other requirements would be a game room with at least a pool table, a hot tub and I would also like to have at least 1 screened porch. I am getting dizzy looking at all the houses on different websites so I would appreciate any personal advice that anyone could give me..

Covington, Georgia
Level Contributor
424 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kaylor Mountain Cabin Rentals? or other?Need advice please.

I have stayed at Kaylor Mtn. cabins the past 3 years at the Elkhorn Lodge.This is a great cabin and has everything you're looking for.The hot-tub does have issues though.I could never get the temperature to work correctly on it.The hot-tub is on the screened in porch along with a wood burning fireplace as well.A very nice cabin.

I can also recommend another cabin,it's called The Bella Vista.This cabin has everything you're looking for as well.It's close to the Elkhorn Lodge but you still have privacy.It's a newer cabin.You can find this cabin on this website (cabin-rentals-of-georgia.com).

There are more cabins in this area,which is on Sunrock mountain.The ones I mentioned to you are easy to travel the others you have to venture up the mountain.Also the 2 I spoke of do have nice views.Good luck.

Daphne, Alabama
Level Contributor
59 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Kaylor Mountain Cabin Rentals? or other?Need advice please.

Thanks for the information Cabin Fever! Do you know anything about a Kaylor rental called "The View"? It is also supposed to be on Sunrock mountain and it looks very nice. My daughter likes it because of all the different things in the gameroom (pool table, skee ball, fooseball, darts, and a fooseball table). What is Sunrock mountain like? Are the cabins close together? Are the roads good? Is it very far from restaurants etc? Also, is there much new construction going on? I would hate to have to listen hammers banging all day! I am just full of questions, aren't I? But you seem to know a lot about the area and I would appreciate any information you could give me. Thanks.

FL
3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Kaylor Mountain Cabin Rentals? or other?Need advice please.

Sugarmamflowers:

I can tell you Bella Vista is a great cabin to stay at. We went up a couple of months ago and rented Bella Vista as well as The Bear's Den which are both on the same street.

Either are great with your 11 year old. Bella Vista has a pool table, an arcade game which are kids loved and the screened in porch with hot tub and fireplace.

The Bear's Den also had 3 levels, and the views were spectacular even from the lower level. They have some great looking log furniture. This was also has the screened in porch with hot tub and wood burning fireplace. The game room has the pool table, a poker/card table, and a really nice bar /small kitchen area with a frig and sink. The bar top was made out of cedar and you could smell it when you went downstairs.

You can't go wrong with any of the cabins on that mountain.

Not sure of where the View cabin is......is that one of the cabins that was perched WAY UP HIGH on Cahoota Overlook ? We drove up there and it was just too high up for me.

Hope this helps!

smyrna, north...
Level Contributor
44 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Kaylor Mountain Cabin Rentals? or other?Need advice please.

i stayed at the River' Edge cabin last year, they had a separate

game room with arcade games and pool table. It sits directl;y on the Toccoa river. There is a nice big screened in porch overlooking the river. We even caught a few small trout. You might want

to check it out on the Kaylor website. We stayed at Elk Horn this year. It is a beautiful cabin, the hot tub does have issues with the

thermostat though. Good luck.

Covington, Georgia
Level Contributor
424 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Kaylor Mountain Cabin Rentals? or other?Need advice please.

Roadtripper,I was starting to think that I just didn't know how to work the temperature on the hot-tub at the Elk Horn.Now I see that others are having a problem with it.I reported it to management and even wrote it down in the guest book.I was there last June and the thing still didn't work properly.

FL
Level Contributor
20 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Kaylor Mountain Cabin Rentals? or other?Need advice please.

I am buying the Elk Horn lodge. Should close today or tomorrow. The inspector checked it out and assures me there are no issues with the thermostat or temperature settings. Actually, he was impressed wtih the overall quality and condition of this cabin during his inspection. If there are still issues, let the mgmt company or me know I will get it fixed as quickly as possible.

Gary

Covington, Georgia
Level Contributor
424 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Kaylor Mountain Cabin Rentals? or other?Need advice please.

gkjapo,just wondering if you're deal with Kaylor went alright.I still see that Kaylor is advertising the Elk Horn Lodge.I'm planning a trip sometime around the end of July and was trying to find out if I could get a better deal if I planned a 2 week stay.I was going to shoot for a 1 month rental but I figured 2 weeks is plenty.Anyways ,if you see this,please respond and let me know.Thanks. P.S.,is that the same name I've seen over at City-Data.I go by the same name over there except it's just Cabinfever.

FL
Level Contributor
20 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Kaylor Mountain Cabin Rentals? or other?Need advice please.

CabinFever98,

Did you get my response I sent to you directly? If you have any other questions, just let me know.

Gary

Covington, Georgia
Level Contributor
424 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Kaylor Mountain Cabin Rentals? or other?Need advice please.

gkjapo,Yes I got your message and thanks for replying.I still have a couple of questions relating to the hot-tub and the use of the outdoor fireplace.I will send a personal message or e-mail.

Fred

10. Re: Kaylor Mountain Cabin Rentals? or other?Need advice please.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:25 am, September 02, 2009