We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Early December questions and Scenic Railway??

Sarasota, FL
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Early December questions and Scenic Railway??

I'm planning a vacation for my family to the Georgia mountains in early December. We are from Florida and our six-year-old daughter hasn't ever seen mountains. I was looking at this night excursion to Santa's village on the Blue Ridge Scenic Railway and wanted to know if it is worth it. Has anyone done this?

I am also wondering what our chances are of having snow. I am terrified of having to drive in snow and while I'm pretty sure our chances of running in to snow in GA in early December are slim, I wanted to find out for sure! How often does it snow up there?

Any other suggestions for things to do/see at that time of year with a six-year-old would be greatly appreciated

Mentioned in this post
Georgia
Georgia
United States
Florida
Florida
United States
Blue Ridge Scenic Railway
Blue Ridge Scenic Railway
897 Reviews
Blue Ridge, GA
atlanta ga
Level Contributor
3,158 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Early December questions and Scenic Railway??

The chances are pretty slim. Anything is possible, but I wouldn't worry about it.

Covington, Georgia
Level Contributor
424 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Early December questions and Scenic Railway??

Very well said,Miketeresa. LOL

3. Re: Early December questions and Scenic Railway??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:22 am, March 09, 2011