We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.
Book On TripAdvisor Bonus Book your hotel on TripAdvisor — then save 20% on things to do for your trip. Use code BOOKTOSAVE.

Vacation Village Weston, activities help

Which Weston hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Fountain
Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
Vacation Village Weston, activities help

We are planning a trip to Weston for early November. Will be staying at Vacation Village. We are interested in a few specific activities and are open to other suggestions as we have never traveled to Weston. We would like to eat at rock and roll ribs not too far away. Any review on the food would be great. Also, we are interested in driving down to the keys for a day trip, any suggestions on the best areas to stop for beach time with kids would be great (infant, toddler, 12, 14). We are also interested in an everglade tour, would this be appropriate with an infant, or are the boats too loud. We would also love feedback on the resort. thanks for your help.

Kemah, Texas
Level Contributor
4 posts
13 reviews
11. Re: Vacation Village Weston, activities help

Wondering if you know of any place to bring in the New Year. I checked the Biltmore out and it sounds nice, but $300 per person is way out of my league. Looking for something for me and my wife to have dinner, a little dancing (just a little I am 62 yrs old) and watch the fireworks. I know this is short notice so here is my email if you know of anything. ed.loosemore@pcg.com

Weston, FL
Destination Expert
for Weston
Level Contributor
560 posts
106 reviews
12. Re: Vacation Village Weston, activities help

Well, there are a ton of restaurants to chose from all over this area. Fort Lauderdale (Las Olas Blvd.) comes to mind...it's a couple of blocks of restaurants, bars, shops & cafe's. Probably a few will have some live music.

This Italian restaurant is pretty good and I noticed they are having a NYE event.

…yahoo.com/event/…

You mentioned Deerfield - a better area is Delray Beach which is similar to Las Olas Blvd. in that it's literally blocks of restaurants, shops, bars, etc. so you have many options and probably many places will have some live music.

Additionally, if you wanted to stay in the area of Weston, you could look into the big hotel out there Hyatt Bonaventure which has several restaurants onsite and are sure to be catering to guests and having some type of special event.

Lastly, one of my favorite (very little) restaurants is very near Weston, but it's not going to be having live music on NYE, it's literally too small, but the food is fantastic!!! - It's called Star Bistro in Cooper City/Davie. I received an email from them that they are doing a special dinner, but again, it's go no surrounding areas to walk or listen to music afterwards and the area is nothing special either.

Kemah, Texas
Level Contributor
4 posts
13 reviews
13. Re: Vacation Village Weston, activities help

Thanks you were very helpful and quick to respond. My wife love the write up on the Star bistro, so looks like we found our dinner spot for New Year's. Thanks again

Weston, FL
Destination Expert
for Weston
Level Contributor
560 posts
106 reviews
14. Re: Vacation Village Weston, activities help

Perfect!! Chef Rod is amazing and has worked at some very elite places in So. Florida -- he's the owner of Star Bistro. Tell him I sent you, he knows me from coming in so often!

Enjoy your NYE.

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
37,233 posts
11 reviews
15. Re: Vacation Village Weston, activities help

Weston is pretty far west ( 30 miles or so) of Ft. Lauderdale- are you willing to drive that far? I'm going to look for the menu /information for Nick's over this way at A1A just north of 30th- they are having a multi course dinner and dance music geared to the older set and I know there are several others here on the Galt Mle ( A1A between Oaklnd Park Blvd and Commercial Blvd.) which is where many retirees live-and they are all reasonably priced You should be able to see the fireworks in Downtown Ft. lauderdale from locations here.- I just don't know if it is wise to drive so far on New Years Eve. Have you looked at Bonaventure resort on Weston? I think the Biltmore ( which is in Miami ) is at the most extrenme end of expense for NYE- and you surely don't want or need to drive into Miami.- there are plenty of more reasonable choices- but I am only familiar with the ones here in the beach area.

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
37,233 posts
11 reviews
16. Re: Vacation Village Weston, activities help

They don't have New Years posted on their website, but there is a large poster in their window- so contact them via the website- or I can lookmat it on my morning stroll.

http://www.nicksitalianonline.com/index.html

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
37,233 posts
11 reviews
17. Re: Vacation Village Weston, activities help

here's the menu for Hyatt Regency Bonaventure @ $90.00 pp.

I will say I like the food at Star Bistro, but the atmosphere is very lacking- avery average looking storefront place in a run down strip mall. I'd eat there, but not for NYE personally

hyatt.com/hyatt/…FTLFL_NYE_IRELAND.pdf

18. Re: Vacation Village Weston, activities help

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 pm, November 10, 2014