We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mizner or Hyatt

Which Weston hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
42 posts
Mizner or Hyatt

Will be doing 4 nights pre cruise next April. Choices have now come down to Mizner Place or Hyatt Regency Bonaventure. Will have a car and will be spending most of the time at Sawgrass Mills. As for accom we like to have plenty of room with nice pool area for kicking back in the arvo with a cocktail. Would welcom recommendations on which is the better. Price is not really a concern, actually they are both pretty much on a par. At Mizner looking at 2 bedroom suite and Hyatt 1 bedroom luxury suite (maybe even Pres suite). Thanks in advance.

Weston, FL
Destination Expert
for Weston
Level Contributor
564 posts
111 reviews
1. Re: Mizner or Hyatt

Hi Zuki: I live in the area so while I have not stayed at these places, they are both in my backyard and I see them all the time so I know the properties. The Hyatt is a little more resort feeling...including a great Red Door Spa on the facility, golfing, etc. Mizner place is more apartment complex of a feeling. Mizner is located right next door to Weston's "town center" where there are coffee shops, ice cream, boutique stores and quite a few restaurants. Hyatt is about 7 minutes or so away from the Town Center.

I understand the Hyatt has a fantastic steak restaurant in their hotel called Ireland's Inn...but I haven't eaten there yet.

So, basically, Hyatt is more secluded with all the amenities of a resort and Mizner is in an area surrounded with shops and restaurants at the ready.

Hope this helps.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
42 posts
2. Re: Mizner or Hyatt

HI FLDoyle, thank you so much for a great insight into these 2 properties. I really like the sound of Mizna as we can rent 2 bedroom apartment instead of having a pull out in lounge, as would be the cdase at Hyatt. Also love the idea of having restaurants within walking distance. I love to have a drink and won't drive when doing so and sometimes it's a pain getting a taxi for a short distance. Now, can you tell me if you have a Red Lobster in the area? Everytime we visit Hawaii and Las Vegas we head straight to Red Lobster. We don't have anything like that here in Mebourne, Australia. All our seafood restaurants are quite expensive. Thank you so much for your help. Cheers, Denise

Weston, FL
Destination Expert
for Weston
Level Contributor
564 posts
111 reviews
3. Re: Mizner or Hyatt

Denise: There is not a Red Lobster close to this area....but they are also not good restaurants down here...most are old and rundown and not very good seafood. But, since this is South Florida, you have many, many options for good seafood. A place that is within 8 or so minutes away by car that has good seafood and a nice atmosphere is Bonefish Grill. I go there often with my husband and we always have a great meal and not too expensive.

If you choose to stay at Mizner, make sure you go to a little, hole in the wall place at Town Center called The Cheese Course. Fantastic sandwiches and salads and ohhhh, the cheeses and wine is so good...you can go there in shorts and sit outside with a bottle.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
42 posts
4. Re: Mizner or Hyatt

Thanks you so much for all your help. I have just sat down to book Mizner and tripadvisor alert came up with your message. The Cheese course is right up our alley. We are big red wine drinkers here and love nothing more than sitting down with a good red and cheese platter. Thank you so much for the seafood recommendation and if you have any others we would really appreciate it. My sister and I eat anything and are happy to pay for good food. Cheers, Denise

Vero Beach, Florida
Destination Expert
for Vero Beach
Level Contributor
7,617 posts
88 reviews
5. Re: Mizner or Hyatt

http://www.lapequenacolombia.com/

This little eatery near Weston Town Center is approved by a Colombian friend and colleague whose family live in the area. I like it, too. There's lots of other great local eating places in the vicinity.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
1,328 posts
43 reviews
6. Re: Mizner or Hyatt

Great to hear that the Mizner is in walking distance of restaurants....also like the sound of the bottle of wine in the sunshine. First time on the east coast in January after 15 years of holidays in Sarasota so great to get a bit of local knowledge in Weston.

Any other hints greatfully received!

Weston, FL
Destination Expert
for Weston
Level Contributor
564 posts
111 reviews
7. Re: Mizner or Hyatt

Well welcome to the East Coast of Florida then...glad to have you! The Mizner location of lodging is definitely within walking distance to a large grocery store and our small town center that has a bar/club, steak restaurant, japanese restaurant, italian restaurant, an american grill (pretty decent - called East City Grill) and there is also a Starbucks coffee shop, ice cream/chocolate store that is outstanding (Kilwins) and of course, the place I mentioned called Cheese Course that is really a very casual place, not much seating, but the cheese/bread/wine and sandwiches are very fresh.

There are a few golf courses in the area if that's your thing.

One thing I have taken many out of state relatives to do in the area is an airboat tour of the Everglades. The Everglades are fascinating and you see lots of wildlife out that too.

Then you should venture out of Weston to Fort Lauderdale beach (25 minutes East) and check out the scenery and have dinner down there.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Christine

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
1,328 posts
43 reviews
8. Re: Mizner or Hyatt

Thanks Christine for all your excellent ideas. Certainly hope to travel around the area and see some of the East coast from Boca Raton to Palm Beach.

Have never stayed anywhere near the Everglades so an airboat ride is a must.Even like the idea of being away from the coast in a more residential area as hopefully , from your recommendations, we will be able to try local restaurants.......might give the Irish restaurant at the Hilton a miss--- too many of those in Dublin!

Weston, FL
Destination Expert
for Weston
Level Contributor
564 posts
111 reviews
9. Re: Mizner or Hyatt

You will enjoy many places along the coast from Boca Raton to Palm Beach. If you have any questions about something you hear of, let me know, I'm happy to help. Cheers!

Mahtomedi
Level Contributor
130 posts
61 reviews
10. Re: Mizner or Hyatt

Do you recommend any specific Everglades tour?