We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transportation from WPB to port in Miami

Which West Palm Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Canton, GA
Level Contributor
35 posts
Save Topic
Transportation from WPB to port in Miami

What is the best transportation from WPB to the ports in Miami? Airfare was cheapest to PBI, need to stay in area then get to ports?

Thanks!

Trenton, New Jersey
Level Contributor
206 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Transportation from WPB to port in Miami

You don't say how many people you have in your party, or how long your cruise is (I'm assuming you're headed to the Port of Miami for a cruise). Depending on that information, I'd say your two best options are to either rent a car and drive (it'll be about and hour and a half to two hours, depending on traffic) or hire a car or limousine service. I'd also suggest calling your cruise line, explaining your situation and seeing if there are any options they can suggest.

Canton, GA
Level Contributor
35 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Transportation from WPB to port in Miami

I will be on a 7 day cruise and there are 4 of us... we are also heavy packers and have cruised many times.. just never had to deal with this tranportation issue...

West Palm Beach...
Destination Expert
for West Palm Beach
Level Contributor
805 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Transportation from WPB to port in Miami

PBI is about 68 miles to the port. I would budget 1 hour and 1/2 to get there b/c of traffic. You may get lucky if traveling at good time in the day...then only an hour. There are plenty of car services here that will cost you much less than renting a car, or better yet, take a taxi. If you rent a car, you have to pay the daily rental fee, and a fee for parking it in the garage at the port. Taxi's are everywhere as well as car service is available in baggage claim iarea n the airport. Depending on how many people you have going, split the fee and call it day!

Wellington
Level Contributor
112 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Transportation from WPB to port in Miami

Take Tri Rail

5. Re: Transportation from WPB to port in Miami

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:16 pm, August 26, 2009