We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Honeymoon

Which West Palm Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Michigan
Level Contributor
36 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Honeymoon

My fiance and I are not familiar with West Palm Beach at all. Is it a good place for a honeymoon? We are looking to stay somewhere nice on the beach but want to go out and do things such as swimming with dolphins, etc. Any information would be helpful :)

West Palm Beach...
Destination Expert
for West Palm Beach
Level Contributor
811 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Honeymoon

The closest place that I am aware of to swin w/ Dolphins is in Islamorada(the Florida Keys). If you decide to go down there, the water is beautiful, but there is ot much of a beach. Great place to vacation though. Right behind the place to swim w/ Dolphins(Theatre of the Sea) is the Pelican Cove Resort which would be a close place to stay(and nice old Florida too). This is about a 2 hour drive south from West Palm Beach. There is lots to do in WPB as well. I would recommend staying on Singer Island(north side of city) if you want a hotel on the beach. There is a Crowne Plaza and a Hitlon. Up there you can do all water sports(kayaking, waverunners, windsurfing,diving,snorkeling, sunset cruise etc.......). Everything is a little spreadout so a cabbie would be too much to get around everywhere. It would be cheaper to rent a car. Singer island is 13 miles from downtown WPB which has Clematis street, and City place(shopping, bars and eateries-so not far). You can also go north of Singer Island to the Jupiter area which has lots to do as well. Singer island is a nice central location. Right up the road is a nice State Park (Mc Arthur Park) It is very prestine and beautiful.

North Palm Beach...
Level Contributor
100 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Honeymoon

If you really want to swim with dolphins, I would go to Bimini. It is a short plane ride (20 min.) from Ft. Lauderdale airport, but a world away. (There is also a new ferry going to Bimini from Miami, but that journey takes over 3 hours.) Crystal clear water in varying shades of blue, beautiful beaches, and a charming small town. The charters that take you out to swim with wild dolphin are an experience you will never forget. We went out with a local guide on a private boat (more expensive), but there are more operations available, some with all-inclusive vacation packages.

3. Re: Honeymoon

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:25 am, August 25, 2009