We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Drinks with a water view

Which West Palm Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
East Islip, New York
Level Contributor
439 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Drinks with a water view

HI -

Any recommendations for a nice place for cocktails and or dining on the water or with a water view. This is our first visit so we have no idea where to begin :)

Thanks so much...

Teresa

West Palm Beach...
Destination Expert
for West Palm Beach
Level Contributor
805 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Drinks with a water view

Where are you staying? It is pretty spread out down here. If i know your location, i can most likely give you several recommendations w/in walking distance of where you are staying.

Aside from that though, if you have transportation, I do recommend you check out the Old Key Lime House in Lantana. It is a locals joint. They usually have live music everyday of the week. Bottom line, to feel the everyday Florida life w/ locals+seafood+tiki bar+live music+by the water=Old Key Lime House. Scottie, the bartender at the chikee hut Monday-Friday nights is absolutely one of the best bartenders in West Palm Beach.

http://www.oldkeylimehouse.com/

East Islip, New York
Level Contributor
439 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Drinks with a water view

Old key lime looks lgreat! We are staying at the omphoy for a few nights and then moving on to the Marriott ocean point to use Marriott points in palm beach shores

Edited: 11:26 pm, January 14, 2014
West Palm Beach...
Destination Expert
for West Palm Beach
Level Contributor
805 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Drinks with a water view

Yes, you are right up the road from the key lime. Please do go there for a locals experience. You will go south on A1A(south of Lake worth Bridge) about 2 1/2 miles from hotel to Ocean Ave. Make a right on Ocean Ave. The Old Key Lime is located on the west side of the intracoastal over the bridge on your left. You will not be able to miss it.

In Palm Beach Shores, you will have your choine of Johnny Long Boats, and Two Drunken Goats. I like Long Boats better as I prefer the food selection, however I believe it is a matter of opinion. Unfortunately, you can not see the water from either location b/c of the sand dune. You could check out the Sailfish Marina on Singer island. They have good sunset views over the intracoastal. They also have a little free art fair every Thursday evening, so definietly check that out., and have dinner afterwards at the Sailfish restaurant. Have a nice visit.

west palm beach
Level Contributor
1 post
36 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Drinks with a water view

Deck 84 in Delray Beach. Great food and right on the water

5. Re: Drinks with a water view

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, January 21, 2015