We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Moving from Tampa, Florida to West Palm Beach....Thoughts?

Tampa, Florida
3 posts
Save Topic
Moving from Tampa, Florida to West Palm Beach....Thoughts?

Hi there! I read several forums about relocating to WPB but most of the posts were from 2011 an earlier. Since it's been awhile I wondered what if things have changed. I just accepted an offer with a company on Village Blvd and the HR Manager said use PGA Blvd as a focal point. I have a kid in 5th grade, going into middle school next year and safety and strong schools are essential. However, I've worked from home the last 9 years and know I would be miserable with a large commute. Any ideas, recommends and opinions of where to stay clear of? Thanks!

West Palm Beach...
Destination Expert
for West Palm Beach
Level Contributor
830 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Moving from Tampa, Florida to West Palm Beach....Thoughts?

Using PGA as a focal point is correct. Village Blvd is not that far south of PGA, only about "4" exits south on 95(not a specific exit for Village, but in the general area) . That is a typical, or even a short commute for south Florida. In the PGA area you will find nice school districts, and it is very safe and clean. It still has the hype of South Florida meaning you have access to a lot of amenities, however Palm Beach Gardens and the Jupiter area are more family driven areas.

West Palm Beach...
Level Contributor
60 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Moving from Tampa, Florida to West Palm Beach....Thoughts?

I live south of downtown , east near intracoastal

Love the small town feel we call it SoSo

( south of southern blvd)

3. Re: Moving from Tampa, Florida to West Palm Beach....Thoughts?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

We're sorry - the TripAdvisor staff closed this topic because TripAdvisor does not facilitate discussions about relocation or real estate purchases because these topics are not considered to be travel-related.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:17 am, October 24, 2013
Get answers to your questions about West Palm Beach