We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to visit on the East Coast??

Newcastle
Level Contributor
72 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Where to visit on the East Coast??

Hi, I'm staying in Miami for 8 days in May (visiting the Keys also) - we are hiring a car so I would like to do a day trip along the East coast... I was thinking of stopping off at West Palm beach for couple of hours (have some lunch) and then travelling up as far as Port St Lucie... would you recommend this? Is it worth my time? Any other suggestions/places to visit or advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks, Joanne

Mentioned in this post
Agora Mediterranean Kitchen
$$ - $$$, Mediterranean, European, Turkish
Rhythm Cafe
$$ - $$$, American, International
Table 427
$$ - $$$, American, Mexican, Latin
West Palm Beach...
Destination Expert
for West Palm Beach
Level Contributor
875 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to visit on the East Coast??

If you decided to stop off in West palm Beach, I highly recommend getting off on Okeechobee Blvd and heading straight into downtown to Clematis Street. The street is lined w/ many restaurants and shops, and would be a lovely place for you to park, and get out and walk around for a awhile. Also tons of options to grab lunch. The end of Clematis is right on the Intracoastal waterway, and it is always nice to walk along Flagler Drive to take in the glamour and sights. It is quite beautiful.

http://www.westpalmbeach.com/clematis/

Mentioned in this post
Clematis Street
Clematis Street
683 Reviews
West Palm Beach, FL
Intracoastal Waterway
Intracoastal Waterway
1,965 Reviews
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
725 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to visit on the East Coast??

You can drive up along the coast on A1A. Consider getting off at the Hillsboro exit on I-95 in Deerfield Beach and going east to the ocean. Where the road turns north at the beach there are many shops and restaurants, and a fishing pier you can walk out on. This is a very nice area. From here you can drive north through Boca Raton, and then up through Palm Beach County. At Lake Worth is another pier with a restaurant and ice cream parlor. Keep driving north and you will enter the famous Palm Beach where you can drive past multi-million dollar mansions and park and walk along Worth Avenue and explore some of the most expensive shops in the world. Just past downtown Palm Beach, turn west onto Royal Palm Way and cross over the bridge to West Palm Beach and bear left along the Intercoastal Waterway a few blocks until you come to Clematis Street. As the previous poster stated, Clematis Street is an eclectic collection of shops, boutiques, restaurants and bars that you need to walk to enjoy. Just west of Clematis Street is CityPlace, a wonderful shopping, dining and entertainment area where you can spend hours if you have the time. Heading home from here is easy, as I-95 is just west on Okeechobee Road.

Mentioned in this post
Deerfield Beach
Deerfield Beach
Broward County, FL
Worth Avenue
Worth Avenue
959 Reviews
Palm Beach, FL
Clematis Street
Clematis Street
683 Reviews
West Palm Beach, FL
CityPlace
CityPlace
2,281 Reviews
West Palm Beach, FL
3. Re: Where to visit on the East Coast??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, April 15, 2014
Get answers to your questions about West Palm Beach
Recent Conversations