We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flying into PBI. Looking for best family friendly area

New jersey
Level Contributor
28 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Flying into PBI. Looking for best family friendly area

Hello. We just caught some great airfare flying in to pbi and out Orlando. Thinking we would spend a few nights in Orlando towards the end, but not sure where to stay the first half. West palm beach? Vero beach? Singer island? Somewhere between?

Pretty much we are looking for an area with some nice hotels to relax at, pool, beach, and a few little places to take our daughter to nearby.

Thanks for your help!

New jersey
Level Contributor
28 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Flying into PBI. Looking for best family friendly area

Thank you! She is 5 ! Loves animals and we both are fond of turtles. I think the hotel includes breakfast so we will eat there and venture out for lunch and dinner. If we do three things only, it will be lion country, loggerfield, and the beach.

I have so much more relief with this hotel than the others. I am actually looking forward to it now!! Thanks again!

JENSEN BEACH
Level Contributor
10,901 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Flying into PBI. Looking for best family friendly area

Oh you should look forward to it. I'm sure you'll have a great time. At 5 she should love Lion Country. Animals and rides combined! Loggerhead Turtle Sanctuary is just 5 minutes from your hotel and can be done with the beach simply. Let us know what days of the week you will be in the area for any other info on places to go or things to see.

Delray Beach...
Level Contributor
589 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Flying into PBI. Looking for best family friendly area

Since you are thinking about Lion Country Safari, go on their website and the coupon code number for an $8 off every person. We went recently and loved the splash park so bring a swimsuit and towel, too. The zebra babies are so cute and the zebra herd is quite lively. There are some amusement rides like merry to round, a small ferris wheel, paddle boats, and reasonable lunch and snacks available. Worth a day with the whole family and more reasonably priced than other theme parks, even DWD Animal Kingdom.

New jersey
Level Contributor
28 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Flying into PBI. Looking for best family friendly area

Thank you! My daughter asks daily if we will see the turtles. Sadly our stay doesn't correspond with the kids feeding schedule. I was wondering how long to schedule for Lion country. It looks like they open at 10. I was hoping 10-2 would be enough time.

I think the hotel includes breakfast so we will only venture for a lunch and a couple dinners before jetting to Orlando.

It will be a good glimpse of the area and if we like it that is a bonus since it opens up another airport we could technically fly to if we want o do a few days in disney.

JENSEN BEACH
Level Contributor
10,901 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Flying into PBI. Looking for best family friendly area

Another place to see turtles is the Oceanographic Institute on Hutchinson Island just East of Stuart. They always have a few large sea turtles you can watch swimming in the gamefish lagoon. Just got in 10 green sea turtles from up north that were suffering in cold water so lots of turtlesto see now. Also they have a stingray experience where the kids feed the stingrays and can pet them in a large tank. Neat place and worth an hour or two maybe on the way to Orlando.

16. Re: Flying into PBI. Looking for best family friendly area

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, January 17, 2014