We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Advice on using tri-rail from MIA-PBI/Hotels in area?

Which West Palm Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
201 posts
30 reviews
Advice on using tri-rail from MIA-PBI/Hotels in area?

Hi,

I am going on a cruise out of Miami,but flying home via PBI(used miles for ticket,only available out of PBI). I have looked at the Tri-Rail site but hadnt found much in the way of actual feedback. Has anyone used thhe Tri-Rail from Miami to West Palm Beach,and if so,what stops did you get on/off at?

Also,looking for advice on hotel for night post cruise in that area...never been to Palm Beach/WPB,would like to see if there is a decent place to stay where we could see the area a bit(no car obviously) but not be terribly far from the airport for early morning flights...also somewhere that would be easy to get to from aforementioned Tri-Rail station(s). Budget is about $120 or less,doesnt have to be luxurious,just clean,safe,perhaps have a bar/lounge/restaurant or one within walking distance,and the other qualities mentioned above.

Thanks for any info!

Stacey

West Palm Beach...
Destination Expert
for West Palm Beach
Level Contributor
770 posts
10 reviews
1. Re: Advice on using tri-rail from MIA-PBI/Hotels in area?

Regarding hotels, you could stay at the Hyatt in downtown(about 2 miles from PBI), which is very close to Clematis street which is a strip of restaurants and such, and is also near the intracoastal. You could be at the airport in 5 minutes.

…hyatt.com/hyatt/…index.jsp

http://www.westpalmbeach.com/clematis/

There is a Marriot that is very close to City Place, which is a shopping/eatery/bar complex. It is mostly outdoors, and a fun place to hang. It is about 1 mile from the airport.

marriott.com/hotels/…

http://www.cityplace.com/

On airport prperty is also a Hilton. From there, you could easily catch a cab to City Place, or Clematis Street downtown and catch a nice dinner and see a little of the sights.

…hilton.com/en/…index.html

Regarding Tri-rail, the main WPB station is right behind the Marriot that I mentioned above so is not far from PBI. As far as where it drops you in Miami, I am not certain. I think you get off at 1 stop, transfer to a people mover in Miami, tto the port possibly. I woudl research the cruise line as they may offer a shuttle of some sort for a fee as another option. There is also the Go Shuttle that could give you a ride from PBI. Google it. Sorry I do not know too much on Trirail down there. Maybe someone will chime in. Have fun.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
201 posts
30 reviews
2. Re: Advice on using tri-rail from MIA-PBI/Hotels in area?

Thanks for the info-Im having a hard time deciding between the Marriott,Hilton,Hilton Garden Inn,Doubletree,and Embassy Suites- if anyone has suggestions,please chime in! The price range is comparable for all,and all have an airport shuttle,which is the big criteria.

3. Re: Advice on using tri-rail from MIA-PBI/Hotels in area?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:19 am, December 14, 2013