We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Things to do with mom (75 years young) in PB

Which West Palm Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Gaithersburg...
Level Contributor
235 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
Things to do with mom (75 years young) in PB

I live in Maryland and plan to visit my mom in West Palm November 7-11. Usually we eat out and go to Wellington Mall and just hang out but I thought this time maybe we could plan a few day trips. Any ideas? I've read about Singer Island and Peanut Island. What is there to do at each? What about day cruises? How about spas? Can anyone recommend a nice day spa with reasonable prices?

Thanks in advance!

North Palm Beach...
Level Contributor
945 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Things to do with mom (75 years young) in PB

Anushka Spa at City Place is pretty nice; they have specials each month. PGA National Spa also has packages, which may be a bit more. You could:

A. Go to Anushka for some spa treatments in the morning, have a late lunch at one of the great restaurants at City Place, then do some shopping and/or catch a movie; or, go to Anushka in the afternoon, have dinner down at City Place, then shop or go to a movie.

B. Book a package at PGA National, including lunch. You can use their "Pools of the World" while you are there, order lunch and eat it by the pool or at one of the restaurants there.

Another fun day trip I've done with my mom is going over to Palm Beach for a tour of Whitehall Museum (Flagler's mansion), going down to Worth Avenue for some walking and window shopping, stop for lunch at Ta Bu or La Cucina. Then, drive over to where the walkway goes behind the Palm Beach mansions along the intracoastal waterway and take a walk. You could alternately hop on a water taxi for a tour of the waterway and it will take you to Peanut Island, where you can tour the bunker JFK had built in case the Cubans launched missiles at us while he was here.

2. Re: Things to do with mom (75 years young) in PB

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:29 pm, October 11, 2009