We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

trip in April with family of 5

Which West Palm Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Cortlandt Manor, NY
Level Contributor
37 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
trip in April with family of 5

My family is looking to take a long weekend trip to this area to hopefully search for a vacation home. We have 3 children; 8 yr old boy, 14 yr old girl, 17 yr old boy. We are looking for a NICE place to stay that is either on the beach or very very short walking distance to the beach so that my teens can come and go while husband, myself and 8 yr old are house hunting. We are looking for something centrally located between Jupiter, Juno beaches. I know the Homewood suites in PBG is nice, but it seems to be a little too far from the beach. Comfort Inn type places aren't our cup of tea. We hear that Singer Island is nice, but also hear that it has/had a lot of construction going on. Is this true? Also, what recommendation do you have as far as where we should look for a bacation home given our family dynamics? Husband loves golf so that's priority #1, than of course, activities for the kids given their particular age ranges. Any input regarding any of the above would be so greatly appreciated.

PA
Level Contributor
1,893 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: trip in April with family of 5

Marriott Ocean Pointe might be what you're looking 4. It's located on Palm Beach Shores

JENSEN BEACH
Level Contributor
10,797 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: trip in April with family of 5

slc...depends on your price range. Plenty of golf courses from the N Palm Beach Country Club which is public in the Village of North Palm Beach to Old Palm an exclusive club recently built and home to many celebrities. Also you have PGA National, BallenIsles, Bears Club, Loxahatchee Club,Jupiter Country Club,Abacoa and numerous others in Northern PB County. For kids a favorite is Evergreen which is a couple of years old and just E of Abacoa but not with Private Golf. They have a very family oriented clubhouse. As a second home Abacoa is great with lots of activities, nearby restaurants and a close drive to the beach. As for where to stay, again depends on the price range. Jupiter Beach resort is a great spot on the Beach. Also Holiday Inn Express in Juno is just across the street from the Ocean. Walking distance to about 5 restaurants including some of my favorites. I live in Juno and sell Real Estate....thus the Long Answer!

3. Re: trip in April with family of 5

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 pm, September 20, 2009