We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Recos for where to stay on West Palm Beach please!

new york
Level Contributor
15 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Recos for where to stay on West Palm Beach please!

Planning a 3 day trip to WPB on 5/16-5/18 for my mom, dad and 9 year old sister. Which area(s) are family oriented? Also, do they need to rent a car or is everything within walking distance?

I'd like to have them stay in a beach front hotel. Any recommendations?

Also - is Ft Myers a good place?

U.S.A
Level Contributor
414 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Recos for where to stay on West Palm Beach please!

I have the PERFECT family oriented place for you!! We absolutely adore Highland Beach Holiday Inn, in Highland Beach, FL. It is very close to Delray Beach, about 1 mile away from there. I would rent a car, you will enjoy it so much better. The parking at this hotel is free, the pool and jacuzzi excellent and it is beach front, not across the beach like most hotels. I recommend the pool view or ocean front rooms. All is very clean and nice. It is a very easy drive from West Palm Beach airport. We fly Independence Air down there, which you would have to connect in Dulles, but we love it and there are usually good prices. Highland Beach doesn't take any crap---lots of police to get speeders and this place has MANSIONS. Oprah Winfery has a house down the road from here. You can find lots of fast food restaurants a mile away from here, so you would need a car. Not having any restaurants around the hotel keeps it quiet and family oriented. For a good sit down meal, I would recommend the Roadhouse Steak House. So good. If you want to see pics of this place, we have been here 6 times! E-mail me at way2wet4me@yahoo.com. There isn't a party scene here, so if you truly want family oriented, this what you will get. Within a mile of the hotel, very easy drive with no traffic are McDonalds, Wendys, Burger King, etc. for your 9 year old. Never been to Ft. Meyers, sorry.

Orlando, FL
Level Contributor
2,941 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Recos for where to stay on West Palm Beach please!

Based on this and your other posting, it appears that you certainly may be undecided about where to go on your planned trip to Florida.

Here's a useful web site: www.see-florida.com

You can save a lot of your time and get good information faster if you research the forums here for Ft. Lauderdale, Ft. Myers, West Palm Beach, and virtually any other Florida city. Just plug in the city name in the 'Search' box to the upper left.

Good luck!

melbourne, florida
Level Contributor
1,114 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Recos for where to stay on West Palm Beach please!

Do yourself a favor go on line www.southfloridadines.com.

this web has some good eating places in WPB area.

Manateeboy

Melbourne,fl

Get answers to your questions about West Palm Beach