We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Irish moving to vero beach...

Ireland
1 post
Save Topic
Irish moving to vero beach...

... for a couple of months due to work. Im 22 female...so...Whats good to do in vero beach?! :) Ive never even heard of the place to be honest...

Vero Beach Florida
Level Contributor
19 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Irish moving to vero beach...

HMMMMM not too much for a 22 year old...... My neighbor is Irish..... but he is old and married:} He is going home next month.......The beaches are awesome and thereis a little nigiht life....... Mulligans on the beach........ and a couple new places in town ( off 14th ave) I will ask around ....when do you expect to come and where will you be living?

Bette

Melbourne, Florida
Destination Expert
for Melbourne, Florida
Level Contributor
15,958 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Irish moving to vero beach...

It's a small town, has some good bars & restaurants, check the Vero Beach forum, there's lots of info there. There is a mall with a 12 plex movie theater, an outlet mall both west of town. There are some nice shops on the beach, some are very expensive. The Ocean Grill restaurant is very good, expensive but you should go there at least once. The Patio is pretty good. If you get up to Melbourne which is about 1 hour north we have an Irish bar called Meg O'Malleys. They have a street party once a month. Close down the streets, live music, etc. If you are here in April there are art shows which also usually have live music, etc.

Vero Beach is about 1 1/2 hours north or West Palm Beach and the same from Orlando, Both have larger malls and of course Orlando has the theme parks.

I'm sure other people can tell you about the night life as I don't live there anymore.

Suggestion on driving, Vero Beach is laid out like a grid, Avenues run north & south, streets run east & west. You can take 16th street from US1 to 58th Ave & come out near the mall, avoiding most of the heavy traffic on Rt 60.

What time of the year will you be here?

3. Re: Irish moving to vero beach...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:21 am, August 24, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Vero Beach