We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vero Beach to FL airport to catch a morning flight

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
94 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Vero Beach to FL airport to catch a morning flight

Hi

I'm catching the 10.16am flight from FL to San Francisco after a stay at Vero Beach.I need to decide whether to leave the night before drive down and return our rental car and stay at an airport hotel or drive down from Vero Beach early in the morning. I'm not worried about an early start but more concerned about how busy it will be. Can anyone advise?

Thank you

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
9,490 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Vero Beach to FL airport to catch a morning flight

What day is your departure? And do you mean Ft. Lauderdale airport, which is FTL? FL = Florida, the entire state.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
94 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Vero Beach to FL airport to catch a morning flight

Hi

We will be flying out on a Thursday morning from Fort Lauderdale airport after dropping our hire car back.

Cheers

Linda

Melbourne, Florida
Destination Expert
for Melbourne, Florida
Level Contributor
17,494 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Vero Beach to FL airport to catch a morning flight

I have used and saw others use FLL here on TA to refer to Ft. Lauderdale but AhHah may be referring to the airport code. No problems as you have clarified where you are headed. However to answer your question you will have about 2 hours to the airport pending normal traffic and no accidents. Rush hour is from about 7 Am to 8:30 to 9:00 AM. If you have an early flight then I would head down the night before. Traffic tie ups can be a nightmare if there is a bad wreck on the Turnpike or I-95. If its during a Holiday week such as Easter traffic will be worse due to Spring Break.

Vero Beach, Florida
Destination Expert
for Vero Beach
Level Contributor
9,274 posts
176 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Vero Beach to FL airport to catch a morning flight

The Fort Lauderdale airport is FLL.

Traffic shutdowns and delays are common enough to make driving down the night before a good idea. Saturday and Sunday mornings are less likely to bring serious problems than weekdays.

I've used the airport only once (diverted to it from Tampa due to fog). It is well-liked and competes successfully against Miami International.

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
41,121 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Vero Beach to FL airport to catch a morning flight

I definitely agree you should drive in the night before your flight.

Vero Beach, Florida
3 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Vero Beach to FL airport to catch a morning flight

how can i get a flight to Fort Lauderdale Fl from Vero Airport on Friday the 6th and come back on the 8th on Sunday how much is a flight ????? please reply back rhinvestments@ymail.com if there is a flight down south

Vero Beach, Florida
Destination Expert
for Vero Beach
Level Contributor
9,274 posts
176 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Vero Beach to FL airport to catch a morning flight

There are of course no scheduled flights, but you can contact the airport director's office to see who is offering on-demand charter flights:

Ericson W. Menger, Director

Physical Address

3400 Cherokee Drive

Vero Beach, FL 32960

Mailing Address

P.O. Box 1389

Vero Beach, FL 32961-1389

Phone: 772-978-4930

Fax: 772-567-3459

E-Mail: airport@covb.org

Edited: 6:10 pm, March 03, 2015
Vero Beach, Florida
3 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Vero Beach to FL airport to catch a morning flight

Can you give me some kinda of price to that ????? please I live across the street from Vero airport and wanted to see if any one may be going down to Fort Lauderdale

Thanks

KC

Vero Beach, Florida
Destination Expert
for Vero Beach
Level Contributor
9,274 posts
176 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Vero Beach to FL airport to catch a morning flight

I've tended to assume that it's scarcely worth asking. That could be a mistake on my part.

The airport does have a very large number of flights, partly due to flight training but also because non-scheduled air travel is eating into the scheduled airlines' business.

Vero Beach, Florida
3 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Vero Beach to FL airport to catch a morning flight

ok

Get answers to your questions about Vero Beach