We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vero Beach/ Disney in February

Which Vero Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
sprki
Level Contributor
362 posts
49 reviews
Save Topic
Vero Beach/ Disney in February

Has anyone experience of staying out at Vero this time of year?

We have been to Orlando around this time, but not out to the coast. The trip itself is for my 40th birthday, so we are trying to hit on being there during this time.

I'm hoping the weather will be good enough for us to enjoy the break. We have just returned from Orlando at the end of June, and had the worst weather ever on a trip! Although it was very hot, the rain, failed to let up for almost the entire break..

Fingers crossed someone on here has good news for me, as we are Disney Vacation club members and have a number of options, but flying from the UK we were hoping to stay in Florida due to the long haul flights, etc!

Thanks

Melbourne, Florida
Destination Expert
for Melbourne, Florida
Level Contributor
12,899 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Vero Beach/ Disney in February

Jan / Feb are the coldest months here. We don't get weather like the northern US but we still get nights & some days down in the 30's & 40's. Rarely stays that cold for many days but it can be. Ocean water will be too cold to swim unless you are used to swimming in cold water temps. We also have days that are in the 70's. Its really hard to predict but you won't have to complain about being too hot and there should be very little rain at that time. We are usually a little warmer in temps than Orlando and Vero Beach will be at least 5 degrees warmer which can make a big difference.

sprki
Level Contributor
362 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Vero Beach/ Disney in February

Many thanks for the response, as previously mentioned we have been in Orlando at this time and the weather was fine!

Coming from the North East of the UK, any sunshine is a step up from the cold and snow that usually befalls my birthday!

Having just been in Orlando last month, the rain really put the brakes on our vacation, so I am happy to go with lower temps in favour of no rain!

I have a feeling a little winter sun will do me the world of good!

Thanks again

Mark

Vero Beach, Florida
Destination Expert
for Vero Beach
Level Contributor
7,684 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Vero Beach/ Disney in February

Here is a climate chart showing the year 2010, which featured an extremely long spell of cold weather (and even a night of near-freezing rain, which never happens here) in January and a severe but brief freeze in December. The two did a lot of damage to tropical garden plants, especially coconut palms.

www.srh.noaa.gov/mlb/?n=cligraph_kvrb_2010

Like Orlando, but a bit more pronounced, and less cold, we have a monsoon climate, wet and humid from around the end of May until the middle of October, then dry with lower humidity the rest of the year. Winter temperatures fluctuate as cold air masses from Canada periodically arrive

February can bring freezing temperatures, but such freezes are on nights when extremely dry arctic air allows such cooling at night. Afternoon temperatures will be fairly pleasant.

The ocean water temperature at the Disney Resort is likely to be about 60 F (15-16 C).

sprki
Level Contributor
362 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Vero Beach/ Disney in February

thanks Bluerusso

Water temp is not an issue, as due to a near drowning issue as a youngster, I simply don't go near it. I'm more likely to be lying around the pool through the day if nice enough to do so.

Cool nights are fine, as I sleep better and can always turn up the heating if cold in bed/ accomodation.

As I will most likely be dodging snow back home, anything is a bonus!

We are just looking to unwind for a few days, and plan on doing a grocery shop somewhere like Target/ Publix before arrival to be self sufficient for our stay!

Melbourne, Florida
Destination Expert
for Melbourne, Florida
Level Contributor
12,899 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Vero Beach/ Disney in February

If you are flying into MCO take I-95 to the Vero Beach exit. There is a Target, Publix and Wal-mart about 5 miles in near the Mall. You can continue on Rte 60 thru Vero Beach to Hwy A1A where you will go north about 10 miles. There are other ways to get there and some short cuts but you will probably want to see the town anyway. Also there is a Publix near your Disney location you just have to cross over the 510 Causeway just north of Disney and its on US1 a couple miles north. There's also a small grocery on the north end of Vero Beach on A1A.

Vero Beach, Florida
Destination Expert
for Vero Beach
Level Contributor
7,684 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Vero Beach/ Disney in February

The Vero Beach Target (on state road 60) has limited groceries. In Vero Beach itself, the Publix on the mainland near the state road 60 bridge to the barrier island is large and full of stuff. For greater luxury, a Fresh Market is across the street.

If using Interstate 95 from Orlando International (it makes better sense than the Turnpike), you can exit at Fellsmere and head to the Wabasso (510) Causeway. As bornwithwheels mentioned, the Publix a short distance north on US 1 is the closest to Disney.

On days with surf, Wabasso Beach Park next to the hotel is a good place to watch skim and bodyboarders such as Brad Domke.

https://vimeo.com/30520351

sprki
Level Contributor
362 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Vero Beach/ Disney in February

thank you all so much for the advice.

Excitement is starting to build up now, I think I need to get all booked up and ready to go! Planning on hitting Vero Beach first then moving up to Disney Saratoga Springs for the final few days and to celelbrate my birthday!

Will take on board the advice on the small Target and will stock up on fresh stuff and Publix for our stay.

Thanks again

Mark

Iowa City, Iowa
Level Contributor
365 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Vero Beach/ Disney in February

I was in Vero Beach area one February and it was colder there than in Iowa, where I live!

9. Re: Vero Beach/ Disney in February

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:18 am, September 09, 2013