We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vero Beach Area

new york
Level Contributor
1 post
5 reviews
Vero Beach Area

We are traveling to Florida the end of February to the Vero Beach area. We were wondering if anybody knows of some unique or secluded beaches in this area. Also which beaches are clean and would be worthwhile to spend a day at? Thanks HC

Queens, NY
Level Contributor
30 posts
1 review
1. Re: Vero Beach Area

Since no one has responded to this forum, I'll have to mention that Vero beach must've gotten the most damage from the hurricanes (read all the news, but I haven't been there yet). Strange that these forums don't tell us what is really going on....good thing I did not make any reservations to see beaches north of Deerfield and Juno beaches.

Can anyone describe Vero beach? How was it before the damaging storms? Did it have fine sand like Daytona Beach or did it have heavy sand like Ft Lauderdale? Is it being replenished yet or will it take years?

Florida
Level Contributor
55 posts
64 reviews
2. Re: Vero Beach Area

I am not sure about beaches that are IN Vero Beach but I know if you want to travel just a little bit north you can visit Sebastian Inlet which is a nice place to visit. I have been there multiples times and have always had a nice time.

I have been to south beach and also to golden sands in Vero they were both nice beaches however I have not been there post hurricane. Once to arrive if you are staying at a hotel they can tell you the best places to go post hurricane season. I am sure in Feb you are going to have a lot of space to yourself (unless its during school vacation week). But I believe they are also what they call "service" beaches or something like that so they may attract more people than some smaller beaches with no parking lot or bathrooms.

As for the sand quality I don't know how it is since the hurricane. I walked on the beach and it was just nice that there was beach to walk on. The last time I was on the coast in November many of the the hotels on the beach were still shut down because of the damage and store signs were just empty frames along the road in a lot of places.

Lighthouse Point...
Level Contributor
3 posts
48 reviews
3. Re: Vero Beach Area

Vero/Sebastian Inlet area is what it always has been a great place to escape the crowd, and return to Old Florida.... the area has rebounded awesome, and the beaches excellent, I own a house on the Ocean just South of Sebastian, and only can hope people think it is not worth the visit...... we like it quite and private!

Lighthouse Point...
Level Contributor
3 posts
48 reviews
4. Re: Vero Beach Area

It is Feb and the area has rebounded awesome. I own a house on the beach just S of Sebastian Inlet, and it is what it always has been "old Florida Style" and few crowds. Just the way we like it.

Queens, NY
Level Contributor
30 posts
1 review
5. Re: Vero Beach Area

to ISLANDDREAMER....you must be kidding!! saying that your part of Florida is rebounding so fast from the damaging hurricanes? T Is there any sand left? how was the beaches before? was the sand soft and fine, or was it heavy coarse sand? (did you know coarse sand does not erode as much as fine sand during storms?). I'd love to know if Vero beach sand is more like Daytona beach or is it similiar to Ft Lauderdale beaches??

WI
1 post
6. Re: Vero Beach Area

my husband and i picked Vero Beach as our destination but it sounds like a lot of hotels are closed. is the beach in decent shape or should we go farther south? we have gone to Hutchinson Island in the past but heard that it was really trashed after the hurricanes. where can we go to stay on the beach?