We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

traffic on 41

Which Venice hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Essex
Level Contributor
35 posts
Save Topic
traffic on 41

I don't know if anyone can help us. We are wanting to rent a villa that is quite near to the US41 near Venice, and trying to find out whether we will hear traffic noise.

The villa is 206 Bayview Parkway, other side of 41 to Anita's restaurant, just about 800yds down road.

The villa looks perfect and has wonderful write up's, but we are concerned that there will be background noise constantly of traffic in the garden and on the dock. We would be gutted!

The owner says that there is no everyday noise from the road, but you can hear fire engines and police car syrons. We don't mind this. Does anyone know this road and tell us if the 41 is noisy? Many thanks

essen, germany
Destination Expert
for Walt Disney World, Anna Maria Island, Orlando
Level Contributor
3,970 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: traffic on 41

I know the US 41 and it is a BIG road, leading from Miami to Tampa and even further north...

I am not familiar with the venice area but in Sarasota, Bradenton this road is HUGE and a LOT of traffic...

I wouldn´t rent a house anywhere near that road THERE...

I hope a local can jump in... (AMANX? You most likely know that!!)

Is there a reason, why you are wanting to be close to that road?

sarasota, FL
Destination Expert
for Sarasota, Venice, Siesta Key
Level Contributor
10,548 posts
153 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: traffic on 41

The villa is about 2/10 miles from US 41.

Having said that, US 41 is the busiest road in the area, with the exception of I-75. It is the main north- south road through Sarasota/Venice. During season,there is a lot of traffic. Don't know how much noise you would hear at this villa.

~SRQgirl

Essex
Level Contributor
35 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: traffic on 41

Many thanks for this. Have decided to stay at villa, so here's hoping it's not too bad. The villa looks lovely and only has positive feedback with no mention of road.

Thanks

Port Charlotte , Fl
Level Contributor
21 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: traffic on 41

I have a friend who lives in that area, the traffic noise is not a problem .

Edited: 3:32 pm, April 25, 2010
Essex
Level Contributor
35 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: traffic on 41

Thanks for this info. We are booked and coming in 3 weeks and looking forward to it. Just praying the oil spillage doesn't move towards the west coast. The wildlife is so beautiful, and it's heartbreaking to think of the damage it could cause. We come for the beauty of the gulf coast and for the fishing as well as swimming.

UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
46,644 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: traffic on 41

If it helps, 41 at Venice isn't as bad as 41 in Sarasota.

If there was a prob with road noise, I would expect the reviews to mention it IF they are not owner 'policed' like some sites allow.

Sorry I couldn't help more. If you'd asked me a couple of weeks ago I would have done a drive by for you ;-)

7. Re: traffic on 41

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, November 01, 2010