We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Venice Info

Key Largo, Florida
Level Contributor
71 posts
46 reviews
Save Topic
Venice Info

Hi, I was wondering if anyone can tell me a bit about Venice. What it is like and what there is to do for a couple of days. Also, as we are looking to visit in early April, is this a Spring Breakers destination?

sarasota, FL
Destination Expert
for Sarasota, Venice, Siesta Key
Level Contributor
10,859 posts
161 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Venice Info

Venice, FL is a nice town with a charming downtown area with shops/dining and nice beaches.

Although there will be some families with children over Spring Break, the majority of visitors are not.

You can "google" Venice FL and read more info.

Plenty to do in the area.

~SRQgirl

Florida
Level Contributor
1,017 posts
160 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Venice Info

Venice is a nice small town with one main street (Venice Avenue). This is where you will find the shops and quite a few restaurants. You can follow Venice Avenue on out to the beach and the jetty's. It is just a quiet, laid back area to visit to bum around in. It is close to Sarasota...more culture or Englewood with Manasota Key having four beaches where yo ucan hunt for sharks teeth. If you want night life and cultural experiences I would suggest Sarasota and a day trip to Venice.

sarasota, FL
Destination Expert
for Sarasota, Venice, Siesta Key
Level Contributor
10,859 posts
161 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Venice Info

Here is one of many websites for Venice:

http://www.venice-fla.com/

~SRQgirl

Key Largo, Florida
Level Contributor
71 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Venice Info

Thank you Gringo1 and SRQgirl for your comments and web links. Venice sounds the perfect place where we are looking to spend a couple of days. I have been in touch with Inn on the Beach for accomadation and they seem ideal. Thanks again

Florida
Level Contributor
1,017 posts
160 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Venice Info

Inn on the Beach looks very nice...I go by there frequently. I live south of Venice but travel to Sarasota at least every other day many times trough Venice. It is a favorite spot for my guests to shop and eat as is Sarasota. If I can help you out any please let me know ad I will happy to research for you.

Key Largo, Florida
Level Contributor
71 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Venice Info

Thank you very much for your help. I have since booked the Inn at the beach for our stay and I am really looking forward to exploring the area. I have now googled "Venice" and it looks beautiful. If I have any other questions I'll be in touch, thanks again

7. Re: Venice Info

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:23 am, August 11, 2009