We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thank You Venice

Venice, Florida
Level Contributor
4 posts
66 reviews
Save Topic
Thank You Venice

My wife and I just returned from a 10 day vacation in the Venice area. It was pure heaven. I just wanted to say thank you, Venice, for your cleanliness, friendliness, hospitality and all the bright smiles.

We spent seven out of our ten days on the Venice beach sunbathing, hunting shark teeth (found 78 of them!), enjoying the surf and basically being beach bums.

We met and talked to a lot of you here and there and everyone seemed to have a permanent smile on their face.

It further reinforced our decision to move to Venice, if only our Chicago home would sell!

Mentioned in this post
Venice
Venice
Southwest Gulf Coast, FL
Venice Beach
Venice Beach
1,030 Reviews
Venice, FL
Chicago
Chicago
Illinois
sarasota, FL
Destination Expert
for Sarasota, Venice, Siesta Key
Level Contributor
11,024 posts
164 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Thank You Venice

Glad you enjoyed your stay!

~SRQgirl

Venice, Florida
Level Contributor
483 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Thank You Venice

Croixian - I agree with you 100%. My husband and I fell in love with Venice Florida so much that we just bought a house there 1 month ago.

Mentioned in this post
Venice
Venice
Southwest Gulf Coast, FL
Indiana
Level Contributor
180 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Thank You Venice

Croixian, what area of the beaches did you find sharks teeth? My family is headed to the beach next spring and would love for my kids to find some teeth.

What method do you use as we have only one day in the area dont want to waste any time! Oh and welcome back to the busy area of Chicago Land!

Mentioned in this post
Chicago
Chicago
Illinois
sarasota, FL
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
11,024 posts
164 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Thank You Venice

Casperson Beach in Venice has sharks teeth.

~SRQgirl

Mentioned in this post
Venice
Venice
Southwest Gulf Coast, FL
Wigan
Level Contributor
169 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Thank You Venice

It really nice to read this report. My husband and I also fell in love with Venice when we visited and have just bought a house there. we can't wait for November to be back. I am constructing a website at the moment for our new villa, so am doing quite a bit of research. It is amazing just how much there is to do in Venice. If anyone wants any ideas on things to do and where to stay let me know and I will pass on web address.

Regards

Janet

Mentioned in this post
Venice
Venice
Southwest Gulf Coast, FL
sarasota, FL
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
11,024 posts
164 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Thank You Venice

Janet,

Here is a bike rental place in Venice:

Beach Bikes & TrikesBeach Bikes & Trikes

668 Tamiami Trl S

Venice, FL 34285

(941) 412-3821‎

If you Google "Venice FL bike rentals" you can see others.

Is your new home purchase in Venice going to be a rental?

~SRQgirl

Mentioned in this post
Venice
Venice
Southwest Gulf Coast, FL
Venice, Florida
Level Contributor
483 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Thank You Venice

Janet

I would love to see your website. PM me.

8. Re: Thank You Venice

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:18 pm, October 08, 2009