We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Red Tide

Which Treasure Island hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
124 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Red Tide

We will be coming to Treasure Island for the month of September. Can anyone tell me if there is any red tide in the area.

Thanks

Treasure Island...
Level Contributor
102 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Red Tide

There is no red tide at this time, There is an outbreak about 100 miles to south. There is no way to predict if there will be a red tide outbreak in this area.

St. Petersburg, FL
Level Contributor
46 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Red Tide

Not a this time. It has been a truly beautiful year. I am born and raised in St. Petersburg and this has been one of the best summer's in a long time. Red Tide has been in Naples (3 hours south) for about a month, but so far it has made it to only 100 miles of the Skyway bridge. Water is beautiful and clear. Emerald Green today.

Albany NY
Level Contributor
702 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Red Tide

Alannis,

I dont know about a September red tide, I go to Treasure Island the

end of October every year, only once in the past few years did they

have a red tide in october.

Search Treaure Island Florida's city sites. They have information on

red tides. I do remember the red tide made it difficult to breathe, the last day I was there i coughed alot. Have a great trip!

Ellen

Albany NY
Level Contributor
702 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Red Tide

Alannis,

I dont know about a September red tide, I go to Treasure Island the

end of October every year, only once in the past few years did they

have a red tide in october.

Search Treaure Island Florida's city sites. They have information on

red tides. I do remember the red tide made it difficult to breathe, the last day I was there i coughed alot. Have a great trip!

Ellen

Treasure Island...
Level Contributor
102 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Red Tide

There is very little known about red tide. There is no way to predict when it will come and when it will go when it does come. Red tide is like the weather, you can't predict it months or even weeks in advance.

St. Petersburg, FL
Level Contributor
46 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Red Tide

No red tide north of the Skyway Bridge so far this year.

tampa, fl
Level Contributor
7 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Red Tide

I was at Treasure Island weekend of August 26th and the water was dee-licious! No sign of red tide anywhere.

This if off the subject, but I wanted to let Treasure Island visitors know that my room at the Malloy Motel had bedbugs. First time I've ever seen them in my life. Management apologized and promised to have it looked into, but I hear they are hard to get rid of once they are established.

8. Re: Red Tide

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:16 pm, August 21, 2009