We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bilmar vs Sirata

Michigan
Level Contributor
59 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Bilmar vs Sirata

Hello there Planning a quick 4-day trip to flee the brutal Midwest winter The price is the same so I was wondering if there was any feedback on the Bilmar vs Sirata beach resorts I realize they are on different beaches but this our first time to the area so we don't have a preference...as long as it's not -5 below zero!

Much thanks for your feedback!

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Treasure Island, Orlando
Level Contributor
5,936 posts
194 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bilmar vs Sirata

Have stayed in the Bilmar many times . Love this place, the customer service, rooms, location , the sirata has resort fees the Bilmar does not. However, it's your choice, we are staying in st Pete beach in May, we were mulling over the sirata but got a better deal in the dolphin beach resort, paying for wifi and such like is not my idea or hospitality, we were charged $ 20 a might in Vegas for 2 waters and coffee and free newspaper , not wifi, so it's up to you, we are staying in st Pete beach for a change, plus it's the whole family, of course treasure island is a free beach ride away for my nightly cold libation !!! Lol enjoy your trip...

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
139 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bilmar vs Sirata

Can't comment on the Sirata, but my wife and I are just ending 10 days at the Bilmar, flying out tomorrow - love the place , sad to go, wish we would have booked two weeks instead of 10 days! Very clean (staff are constantly cleaning the place) Friendly staff, great location, beautiful beach and boardwalk. Many restaurants within close walking distance, we thought we might rent a car for a day or 2, but never did - did not need one. Did a lot of walking, but enjoyed that. We are planning to return to the Bilmar next year, think we may leave 2 weeks later in hopes of warmer weather, will book for 14 days vs. 10 next year. Great place - two thumbs up.

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
5,936 posts
194 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bilmar vs Sirata

I'm pleased you enjoyed the Bilmar , we love it and the people, very helpful, a few years ago we renewed our vows in the beach, but 2 days before in Orlando my SIL was informed his mother had passed suddenly and he and my daughter and grandson had to fly home, so on arrival at the Bilmar we explained what had happened and wouldn't require the 2 nd room the staff were fantastic, upgraded our room and were very attentive during our stay, outstanding customer service.....

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
139 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bilmar vs Sirata

Agreed - "outstanding customer service" is what we have received during our stay. Our regular house keeper has been sweet and very helpful, extra towels, coffee, toiletries - little things that add up to make the difference. Heading back this morning - Lisa on the front desk arranged a car service to take us to the airport. She set it up while we went off site for a meal, left a voice mail explaining particulars of pick up - Awesome !

Cheers

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
5,936 posts
194 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bilmar vs Sirata

That's great, little things like that make your stay fantastic and word if mouth brings more business , especially on here....

6. Re: Bilmar vs Sirata

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:28 am, February 14, 2015
Get answers to your questions about Treasure Island