We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Small wedding on the beach

Ft. Mitchell
Level Contributor
4 posts
74 reviews
Save Topic
Small wedding on the beach

My fiance and I and our 2 sons will be staying in TI for a week at the beginning of July and we thought since it would be beautiful we would like to go ahead and get married on the beach. Were staying in the Palms and there isn't a ton of information about them from what I can find so I don't know if they offer any kind of wedding service (calling them is next on my list). All of the websites I've viewed so far have wedding packages, but they are for 5-30+ guests, have chairs, arches, flowers, decorations...the whole 9. Would that be great? Yeah, but we can't afford that. Just me and him, the boys, an offical, some vows, a couple I dos and that's it. I would like a photographer but it doesn't have to be the top one in the area. If anyone has some inside tips or knows someone who might be willing to marry us cheap, or a photographer in the area who doesn't cost an arm and a leg to take a couple pics...any planners starting out that need some practice? I'm open to ideas and any help. Oh, and day of I'd like to be able to go someplace close and get my hair done. Referrals for that would be great too. Thanks in advance!!

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Treasure Island, Orlando
Level Contributor
5,964 posts
205 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Small wedding on the beach

We renewed our vows on the beach behind the the bilmar , used Kat christie of Clearwaternotaryandweddings .com, really good service , any more info just ask...

ohio
Level Contributor
2,490 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Small wedding on the beach

In December 0f 2011 we decided we wanted a simple wedding on the beach at sunset in Treasure Island. After checking out several places, one stuck in my mind.

www.weddingsonawhim.com

We had an intimate sunset wedding on the beach with just the two of us. They were so nice! Joe Lighthart was our minister Rogers photographs were absolutely amazing.I highly recommend this company. They can make it as simple or as elegant as you want. It wasnt all that expensive, The photos were more than the ceremony, but that was becuase I wanted such a large package.Check out their website. You wont be disapointed. The beach on Treasure Island cant be beat! Roger took the amazing sunset shot that is on here as my photo

Edited: 6:53 pm, April 04, 2013
Mentioned in this post
Michigan
Level Contributor
11 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Small wedding on the beach

I know this is an older thread now but I am wondering what the original poster ended up doing.

Also, nice to read the review about Weddings On a Whim. I just decided to use them for my small wedding in October in the Madeira Beach/Treasure Island area.

Any recommendations for places to eat after? We are looking for something casual. Fiance and I are burger lovers and our parents (at least my mom) are seafood lovers. So a place that has both without being ridiculously expensive would be nice.

Mentioned in this post
Madeira Beach
Madeira Beach
1,249 Reviews
Madeira Beach, FL
United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Treasure Island, Orlando
Level Contributor
5,964 posts
205 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Small wedding on the beach

Ricky Ts, the clocktower , or gators in johns pass

5. Re: Small wedding on the beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:19 am, January 19, 2015
Get answers to your questions about Treasure Island