We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beach parking.

Which Treasure Island hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
North Wales
Level Contributor
64 posts
32 reviews
Save Topic
Beach parking.

My wife and I will be staying on the Isle of Capri in the Treasure Island area. I have been looking at the beach front along Gulf Blvd. and there doesn't appear to be much vehicle access for parking. The hotels seem to have taken over the frontal area and the parking areas in the hotels are probably restricted to hotel residents, so, what do we do for parking ?

SPB, FL
Level Contributor
3,617 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Beach parking.

There is a large metered public parking lot across the street from Publix. It costs $1.50/hour, if I recall correctly. This location also has restrooms, and a small beach supply store and snackbar.

North Wales
Level Contributor
64 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Beach parking.

Thanks Maya. I'll probably find that it's not too far to walk to the beach, but there's plenty of coastline to explore !!

SPB, FL
Level Contributor
3,617 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Beach parking.

I have just realized that I inadvertently moved the beach store and snack bar! The lot across from Publix has restrooms and showers, but the other things are at a separate, large parking lot at 112th Ave. Sorry about that..... :(

With luck, you will find yourselves staying within comfortable walking distance!

North Wales
Level Contributor
64 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Beach parking.

Thanks for the "update" Maya.

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Treasure Island, Orlando
Level Contributor
5,933 posts
188 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Beach parking.

hi pete, just a heads up, my sources tell me there have been some burglaries and thefts in that area so be a bit cautious .....

North Wales
Level Contributor
64 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Beach parking.

Thanks for the info Tony.

Is it still legal to kill these cretins ?

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Treasure Island, Orlando
Level Contributor
5,933 posts
188 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Beach parking.

i Couldnt possibly condone that Pete... but self defence goes a long way mate, becareful if you have waterside rooms, these plugs have been known to kayak along the waterway.... this is not hearsay , its the real deal.. enjoy it will be down in 7 weeks!!!!!!!!!!!

Laval, Canada
Level Contributor
96 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Beach parking.

I used to park across from Publix to avoid paying to park in the other parking facility (the one across from Treasure Bay). But now, it is no longer free. It was last october when I was there, but not anymore last may during my latest trip.

So I'll share a little secret with you all. I found two spots in treasure Island where parking is both legal and free. But don't tell authorities, they'll dig and put meters...

- On 127th avenue, facing the Sea Oats motel. There's room for about 5-6 cars if everyone parks the right way. And you're within a one minute walk to the John's Pass Bridge. About a 30 minute beach walk to Sloppy Joe's. My secret spot...

- On 125th avenue, there's an even bigger parking space. At least 10-12 cars can park there. Head towards the Gulf at the end of the street. You can't miss it!

Give it a try! You'll save money, time and maybe even a headache!

North Wales
Level Contributor
64 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Beach parking.

Thanks for the info Laval, could work up a thirst walking to Sloppy Joes

Treasure Island...
Level Contributor
329 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Beach parking.

If you are staying on Isle of Capri, you can just walk to the beach. There is public access directly across the street from Isle of Capri where the exit light is.

Get answers to your questions about Treasure Island