We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need hotel reco

Which Tampa hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
St. Louis
Level Contributor
11 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Need hotel reco

My husband, 8 and 11 year old sons want to go to Legends Field for Yankee Spring Training in March. I want to stay in a nice hotel as this is our big "Trip" for the year - must have a pool too. Any suggestions?

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
1,454 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need hotel reco

How far can you stay away from Legends Field? Since you didnt mention location or Price, I would go with Marriott Waterside downtown Tampa, or Grande Hyatt Westshore on Tampa Bay.

Clearwater, Florida
Level Contributor
8,776 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Need hotel reco

Of course the best would be a hotel on the beach at Clearwater Beach, or St. Pete Beach.

But if you are looking to stay closer to the Legends Field, you could look into a hotel at "Rocky Point" in Tampa. It is on the Tampa side of the Courtney Campbell Causeway (S.R. 60) that links Tampa to Clearwater. About a 10-15 minute drive to Legends Field and they are on an inlet of Tampa bay, so will have a water view. Its not the Gulf beaches, but the kids would probably enjoy the water. There is also a bayside beach called Ben T. Davis beach on the same island as your hotel. There is also a few nice restaurants and lounges on the island.

There is a Hampton Inn, Holiday Inn Express there for sure. I think there is also a Doubletree and a Radisson.

jersey shore
Level Contributor
6 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Need hotel reco

Hey Moms....

My husband and son are also going down in March 07 for Yankees spring training.

Have you had any luck with your hotel choices??

Thanks in advance,

Lisa

4. Re: Need hotel reco

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:25 am, August 26, 2009