We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Marriott Waterside or Westshore?????

Westborough...
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
Marriott Waterside or Westshore?????

Going to Tampa(4/12-4/16) then heading to North Redington Beach condo for a week. Lot's of questions! As of today I have reservations at both hotels. Which one should I dump? Which has a better pool? They both look good. As for the beach area,what are the best seafood restaurants? Outdoor dining? Someone told me about a gambling boat(John's Pass). Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Tampa
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: Marriott Waterside or Westshore?????

I live in Tampa and have booked Mariott Waterside for a getaway from my house. It is very nice and they have an excellent spa with reasonable rates. It is close to the channelside district and downtown and the views are magnificent. Channelside has many restaraunts and diners and a great outdoor atmosphere. www.channelside.com You can also take the trolley from there to y-bor city for if you are a nightowl and like to party. Westshore is near the big malls if you like to shop. I have never stayed there however. The gambling boat is at Johns Pass. I have never been there either but know several people who frequent the place. I guess they love it or they wouldn't go. Johns Pass is in Madiera Beach, Treasure Island, you can't miss it. Also there Gators Cafe at Johns Pass. They have a huge waterfront dock at the atmosphere is good. The food is okay, but I just really love the whole ambiance of the place. www.gatorscafe.com Anywho, I hope this helps.

Midwest
Level Contributor
1,831 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Marriott Waterside or Westshore?????

I've stayed at the Sea Oats condos in North Redington Beach many times. That's a fun area. Go to Crabby Bills and Shells for seafood. Stop by the Suncoast Seabird Sanctuary (free) on the beach in Indian Shores (just North of Redington Beach). I used to walk the beach from the condo and go there in the mornings. I think they open at 9AM.

If Boris Garden is still there, it's good for breakfast.

U.S.A
Level Contributor
414 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Marriott Waterside or Westshore?????

It depends on what you are looking for. My husband and I had the same delimma. We stayed at one (Waterside) and he had a meeting at (Westshore). We ended up choosing Waterside, but wish we would have chosen Westshore. Waterside is more upscale and at a marina, but you must valet park your car and it can be quite a wait at peak times. Plus, we like the convenience of grabbing our car and going when we are ready. There is free, self-parking at the Westshore and it is right across the street from a mall. The Westshore is also closer to the airport, but is in a more congested traffic area. The pools are nice at both. I really liked the Tampa Marriott Airport better than either. Their beds are to die for! The jacuzzi was nice at the Waterside, but the pool was too cold in March. The pool is indoor/outdoor though at the Westshore, which would be good in case it rains and they also have a jacuzzi. I would personally choose the Westshore if I had it to do over again. Be sure to take a drive on Bayshore Blvd. and see all the huge mansions. It's nice to see how the "other half" lives. ha.ha.

Florida
Level Contributor
20 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Marriott Waterside or Westshore?????

Always on Vacation hit it on the nose. As for Gambling Boats....Sun Cruz at Madiera Beach, Ocean Jewel at St Pete and Mardi Gras Queen in Tarpon Springs are now here.

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
1,454 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Marriott Waterside or Westshore?????

You'll want the Waterside to take advantage of actually "seeing" Tampa. Downtown, Channelside, Ybor City, Hyde park Village, SOHO district, are all within reach without having your car if you stay at Waterside.

You'll want the Westshore if you just want closeness to the airport, some big Malls, Causeway beaches.

When you get to the coast a MUST is Salt Rock Grill.

Have Fun

-Tampa Native