We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dollar Rental Car Tampa Florida Airport

pittsburgh
Level Contributor
4 posts
64 reviews
Save Topic
Dollar Rental Car Tampa Florida Airport

This is the worst rental car company I have ever used. We got there with a reservation and along with the other 30 people we were told too bad. We were all told we had to wait with a reservation or not it was first come first for the class car that was back.

One gentleman was told he was being rude and needed to wait patiently like the others....

never ever again,,an hour later after our pick up time we left.

Dundee, United...
Level Contributor
459 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dollar Rental Car Tampa Florida Airport

Hi

Oh dear!! collecting from them in 2 weeks time. Did you get a choice of Vehicle from within your Group package or did they hand you the keys to your Vehicle with a take it or leave it response

Thanks

2. Re: Dollar Rental Car Tampa Florida Airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 9:05 pm, March 05, 2014
Toronto, ON
Level Contributor
1 post
61 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dollar Rental Car Tampa Florida Airport

We rented a car from Dollar at the Tampa location. When we returned it the returns area was jammed, and they had us park our car in the garage but not in the main area. We were scanned, thanked for renting and we went on our way. Apparently we ALSO needed to go by their kiosk, but this was not made clear to us. Since then we have received (mind you, it has only been a week) about 15 calls from their security department about the car not being returned. AND .. I have phoned about 7 times, been on hold for over an hour total - never able to get through. When I did (calling the customer service number, off hours when apparently the security department was closed) I was told they would escalate this for me .. which never happened, as I received 5 more automated messages after that. Oh yeah - I have also sent two emails and one web form request in to them on this ... and still nothing. Incredible that they view this as "important" but give no way to actually talk to someone, and totally ignore other ways to reach them. Can they not find the car that we returned???? An incredibly frustrating experience, and one that will keep me from renting from Dollar / Thrifty again for personal or business purposes.

4. Re: Dollar Rental Car Tampa Florida Airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, April 08, 2015