We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nrw Years Eve in Ybor City

Which Tampa hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Louisville, Ky
Level Contributor
730 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Nrw Years Eve in Ybor City

Is Ybor City still a good place to stay in? It seems lately that I have read some mixed reviews about it, that it might not be as good as it used to be. Also, is New Years Eve a good time to visit or is it just way too crazy?

Tampa, Florida
Destination Expert
for Tampa
Level Contributor
1,796 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Nrw Years Eve in Ybor City

New Years will probably be busy. They usually have a parade for the teams that play in the Outback Bowl. It depends on what you want. I think it's a good place to stay if you won't have a car. You can walk to several bars and restaurants.

Louisville, Ky
Level Contributor
730 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Nrw Years Eve in Ybor City

I know that they also have fireworks at Channelside. Is it possible to take the streetcar to and from there? If so, is it a lot of hassle?

Tampa, Florida
Destination Expert
for Tampa
Level Contributor
1,796 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Nrw Years Eve in Ybor City

Yes, you can take the street car to Channelside. The streetcar may be crowded that night, so you might want to give yourself plenty of time to get there.

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
8,312 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Nrw Years Eve in Ybor City

Check the time that the streetcars stop running at night. I don't think they run very late.

5. Re: Nrw Years Eve in Ybor City

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:21 am, September 24, 2014