We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurant Near Times Forum

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
157 posts
Save Topic
Restaurant Near Times Forum

I will be going to a concert at the Times Forum and am looking for a good restaurant near by. We are staying in Clearwater Beach but would like to eat somewhere close by in Tampa so we don't have to worry about traffic. We like all types of food (cooking and eating are a major hobby). Was thinking of Columbia Cafe? Any suggestions?

Tampa, Florida
Destination Expert
for Tampa
Level Contributor
1,847 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurant Near Times Forum

Columbia cafe is good. There is also Jackson's Bistro on Harbour Island.

Mentioned in this post
Harbour Island
Harbour Island
Out Islands
Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
9,231 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurant Near Times Forum

I would do Jacksons Bistro ... you could walk from it to the Forum. The Columbia restaurant is in Ybor City, so is the Acropolis (Greek) which is about 2 plus miles from the Forum.

Mentioned in this post
Ybor City
Ybor City
2,421 Reviews
Tampa, FL
Philadelphia
Level Contributor
157 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurant Near Times Forum

It looked like there was a Columbia restaurant almost across the street from the Times Forum on the water. Which would you choose then?

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
9,231 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Restaurant Near Times Forum

I don't think it's the same as the one in Ybor City - if in fact there is a restaurant across from the Forum with that name, which I doubt. But there is a streetcar which runs from Ybor City past the Forum for a very nominal fee (I think it's $2.50).

Another option is the Channelside Shopping Plaza about 1 mile from the Forum. There are a few restaurants - Splitsville, Hooters, a pizza place etc.

There is a small cafe type of place across the street from the Forum that is owned by one of the Lightning hockey players, I believe.

Edited: 9:38 am, February 09, 2013
Mentioned in this post
Ybor City
Ybor City
2,421 Reviews
Tampa, FL
Hooters
Hooters
26 Reviews
Tampa, FL
5. Re: Restaurant Near Times Forum

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, February 11, 2014