We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Westshore Or St Pete

NewYork
Level Contributor
272 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Westshore Or St Pete

My fiancé and I decided on a last minute weekend getaway for 3 nights. We want to go to bush gardens for 1 day and the other days we just want to relax and lay back an eat at good restaurants. Looking for a place to swim doesn’t have to be the beach. We will have a rental car. We are stuck with staying in the TPA westshore area or staying at the Sirata Resort in St Pete. Can someone help me please we have our tickets booked but no hotel yet. We arrive in 2 weeks.

Clearwater, Florida
Level Contributor
8,776 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Westshore Or St Pete

Just depends if you want to be on the beach or not. St. Pete Beach will be about double the drive to Busch Gardens, but it would also offer a more relaxing/getaway vibe compared to Westshore. But, if you are just going to hang at the hotel pool, Westshore would provide a shorter drive to BG, and there are restaurants all over, but it just doesn't have the same getaway feel that the beach would.

The beach is the beach, and Westshore will feel like any other mid sized city USA

NewYork
Level Contributor
272 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Westshore Or St Pete

Ok. great response it helps. Is the end of october still hot enough to swim? I am in nyc so I am not sure. I know its cold here. LOL. How is the prices for restaurants at St pete beach.

Clearwater, Florida
Level Contributor
8,776 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Westshore Or St Pete

Folks swim year round. Maybe not locals, but then the water temp will be in the 75º area.

I would say most casual places will be in the range of $8-10 for a burger, $10-13 for a Mahi or Grouper sandwich, $13-20 for entrees.

4. Re: Westshore Or St Pete

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:19 am, December 15, 2013